No scent throw with Ecosoya pure

I have just switched from NVSoy from candle wealth because I want a wax with a higher melting point so I can ship my candles. I never had any issues with this wax and did not know that all these problems were possible. Then I used Ecosoya pure. The candle looks beautiful in a 10oz glass tumbler ( 8 oz wax). It is almost perfect.

I heat to 155.

Add scent at 135-140 about (3/4 oz)

Wait

The candle burns beautifully!! Nice melting to the edge of the glass, BUT the candle has literally no scent throw. I have read about having to "cure" the candle. I never had to do this with NVSoy. I am really frustrated now. Will letting the candle sit there for two weeks really make a difference? Is there a wax that has better scent throw that melts above 120F? I was going to try C3 but have read awful things about adhesion.

Please help!!

I use no color. I like the way the wax looks naturally. The fragrance works in the NVSoy. I use the candle wealth wicks. They are a braided cotton, no core. I assumed since the candle burned evenly and had a great melt pool that the wick wasn't the issue.

Have you found certain fragrances just don't work in pure soy? my old wax is a blend of soy, palm and a bit of coconut oil I believe. Are you adding anything to the es pure?

I use that I usually heat to around 175, add fragrance and color as soon as I pour and stir really well. Cool to and pour around 140. Usually don't have a problem. I use CD wicks in my jelly jars.

Some fo's don't throw well in soy. I have only had a handful that haven't thrown.

Steph

I am with you Steph..that's what i do too..175* add fragrance and dye(if using it) then stir, stir, stir..wait til 140* then pour!

Wofor me with all the soys that I have tested.I also use CD wicks..works best in soy,imo.

Kimmeroo:smiley2: