What not to do when soaping...

CareBear

Now I'm jealous!!! You guys have all the good food!!! :laugh2:

That's not nice to talk about in front of certain people you know!!! *Vio is real food deprived up here in mooseland* ;)

Really too bad I don't like seafood all that much, or I'd love the food up here.

I really wish you wouldn't post these things about me! LOL :P

I have worked really hard for years to get my post count where it is ... just so people would think I KNOW EVERYTHING ..... and now you're gonna go and blow it for me! I have the @ss to prove how long I sit on here everyday .... hell people should be able to tell I know everythin just by looking at my @ss! :laugh2:

On a serious note: Carebear .... I have had the pleasure of using your soapies several times now and I really enjoyed them. I enjoy your posts and have learned a lot from you over the years. :wink2: Thanks for always being kind enough to share both the good and bad sides of soaping with us.

LOL! Ya know I basically messed up when I made that really foolish stement about the post count! Yeah, it all my fault! Sorry I mispoke! I just know that Carebear knows way more than I do and she knows it through experience, not post counts! :embarasse

Fire

Well post can mean something when you relate it to the specific person who you're talking about. If it's someone who's always helpful and also shares a lot about their own soaping, here daily and known to make good soap and not keeping all the info to themself, then I can see relating post count to that specific person. Like look how helpful she is and the soap she makes, and how often she posts shows she is very involved in soaping. It's not a rule, but I think I got what you were trying to say Fire! I personally didn't need you to explain it. For those who think it means something always though, I can see the need for clarification too for those who might now know if post count has any significance. :)

I mean, you get someone who's always there trying to help, and they don't post in off topic all that much. They just always try to help people, and look back at all their helpful posts and it's always helping someone, then you're going to think of their post count and knowing how much they try and help, think kindly of them or something. If they are known to be a troll and all their posts are troll like, then they're going to look like a troll with a huge troll post count. LOL Same for spoon feds. If all they do is post over and over how do I or tell me where...then they're going to be thought of in post count as huge spoon feds. ;)

Well post can mean something when you relate it to the specific person who you're talking about. If it's someone who's always helpful and also shares a lot about their own soaping, here daily and known to make good soap and not keeping all the info to themself, then I can see relating post count to that specific person. Like look how helpful she is and the soap she makes, and how often she posts shows she is very involved in soaping. It's not a rule, but I think I got what you were trying to say Fire! I personally didn't need you to explain it. For those who think it means something always though, I can see the need for clarification too for those who might now know if post count has any significance. :)

I mean, you get someone who's always there trying to help, and they don't post in off topic all that much. They just always try to help people, and look back at all their helpful posts and it's always helping someone, then you're going to think of their post count and knowing how much they try and help, think kindly of them or something. If they are known to be a troll and all their posts are troll like, then they're going to look like a troll with a huge troll post count. LOL Same for spoon feds. If all they do is post over and over how do I or tell me where...then they're going to be thought of in post count as huge spoon feds. ;)

You are right in some ways and wrong in some ways IMO.

1. First off, OT does not up your post count. So a person that sticks to OT will not have a high post count.

2. Talking about all the soap you make does not mean that you make good soap nor does it mean you know what you are doing. Not talking about it also does not mean that you don't make soap, you don't make good soap, and you don't know what you are doing. I've heard about someone here that makes soap all the time yet those in swaps with this person, claim their soap is not good and has burned a few that have used it. But if you were to base this person's experience on how helpful they are and how much soap they make, you might think that they are this great soaper and you might be wrong.

3. Not all information is helpful. I read alot of different answers from people that in no way helps the OP nor does it answer the question asked.

4. Not all information given is always based on a person's own knowledge and experience. Some just repeat what they read and while it might sound good and make them look like they know more than they do, often this is not the case. This is why I said in my post, "Experience is better judged by the quality and content NOT quantity of a person's posts."