Sealing Molds

Draco

Ok, this time I took all the advice from the vetern users, I did a search, I check the sticky topics and the FAQ's but I still cannot find an answer to this question.

I just got some new rubber molds, and I did get some mold sealing putty from the candle suppy store, but I was not exactly inexpensive. I am looking for ideas on a cost effective way of sealing thease two piece (top and bottom) molds so that I do not end up with a mess of wax leaking from the sides of the mold.

Well thank you all for the help everyone, I found out that they are not self sealing, the hard way, LOL!

A bit of puddy around the entire edge is what it took to keep my wax in. Oh well, live and learn.

Another sealing question though, I have sean some type of foil tape used to seal molds, but I have no idea where to find it. Does anyone have any idea what it is called and where to get it?

Have you used that Ducky? Does it work well?

On a silicone mold? NO. On a tin mold that I didn't want to wick, yes and it's works great ;)

I only have a couple silicone ones so I don't have the best answers. What I've done personally....

1. I have a thick silicone mold that a rubberband holds fine.

2. One softer mold, I set it on top of a pillar mold (so it'll sit flat even with a wick or pin sticking out) put a piece of scotch tape around the seam just to keep it from shifting and pour gently, then DON'T touch it again until it sets up some so it wont leak :D