Tealight Wicks - Need to find another type

I have to find different tealight wicks. The ones I was using are coming in shorter than they did before and now get weak in the burn. The LX 10's work but I really do not want to have to custom order them for tealights through Candlewic if I can avoid it. I am eyeing the TL wicks at CS and just emailed them with a question, but just noticed that their necks are 3.8 mm. I believe what I am used to is 3 mm. For those of you who use these do you get too much leftover wax on the bottom with the 3.8 mm ones. Don't know why they have higher necks for tealight wicks. Urgh, I am tealight wickless right now and if it is not one thing it is another with trying to find the right ones. Thanks for any input. :)

I have used the TL wicks from CS. Sorry to say they didn't perform well in my CBA. They were all too small. The 3.8mm neck wasn't an issue with me as I didn't glue the tab in, so it comsumed the wax through the bottom of the wick.

It was suggested to me to try CD3 & HTP31. I haven't tried them yet as I kinda gave up on them for awhile.

HTH

Thanks everyone for your input....it's helpful. I am trying to stay with the white flat braid wick. My tealights are colorless and look the best with the white wicks -- not tan with lines (little v's). I ran a test the the LX 8 today and I loved the way it burned until it got close to the end. It pooped out more than the GL wicks did and the LX 10. What a hassle trying to find something again. I will keep a look on the thread. Thanks again. :)

I use the LX8 for unscented and light FO's and the LX10 for the heavier FO. I cut the wicks in half and tab the part I cut off and so I get more for my money. I have tried the TL wicks, but they didn't work for me in my CB-Advance.

These are exactly the two that I think will work for me as well, but I don't want to have to tab them. Tealights are so timeconsuming for me as it is. So, if these two LX sizes end up being the ones, I will have to get them custom made at Candlewic.

I ran a test with the LX 8 today and it burned beautifully until it got close to the end....pooped out a little faster than the GL wicks did or the LX 10. Do you have this problem with the LX 8 with your non-heavy fragrances.....a little weak towards the end?

Thanks for your response. :)

Holly, i am not sure if you have tried the Ultracore tealight wicks from Swans, but those are the only kind that I can get to work. i use C-3 container wax in my tealights.

Thanks, Carrie. I tried both of their tealight wicks. The Ultra core was way better than the standard but I still got a weak flame a little later in the burn. The wick seemed very thin. I am surprised that they work for you in the C3. I used 8% oil in a soy/paraffin blend. Sometimes I wonder if where I live (in the North) requires larger wicks. If this is the case it worries me if my candles go south. ETA: Athough, I have sent candles to family and friends in San Diego and all was fine with theirs as far as I know. I just recall that you used smaller wicks than I did with the CB-3. If I used the size you used, I would get weak flames. I don't recall your oil percentage though....which would make a big difference.

I just tried their votive wicks which also seem thin. They have a zinc core which I do not like the look of as much. I was surprised how strong it burned considering how frail the wick looked. I left the wick length the same as I did with the GL wicks to compare. The flame ended up being too big. I will run another test with the wick a little shorter and see how it does. I have wicks coming from CS and JBN. I sure hope I can find the right ones soon. Good thing I do not have a huge list of fragrances I offer in T-Lites yet. At least I don't have a whole lot to retest.

Holly,

the wicks you said you had coming from JBN... are those the tealight wicks they have. I got an e-mail in today and they have them on sale. I think I might give them a try.

Has anyone used the TL-715 from JBN in soy? Namely CBA??

TIA

Danielle

Hi,

Yes, I ordered the tealight wicks. I received Candle Science's TL wicks yesterday and the 31's seem to be working just fine. I would not want the flame to be any bigger but it appears to be about the same as what I was getting with the longer GL wicks. The CS wicks are even shorter than what the GL wicks are now but work great. This is a good thing that I do not have to have them as long to have healthy flames. The one size down from CS 31's may work as well -- need to compare it to the 31's. Thank goodness I am finally finding something that works. I will let you know how the JBN TL wicks are when I receive them and test them. :)

Hi,

I only use TL 28 or 31's and I haven't experienced any problems. There is no leftover wax!

HTH,

Jameel

It looks like I am getting the same good results as you have with these. I am going to run a test with the 28's tomorrow. I will probably end up ordering both sizes as well for light and heavier fragrances. :)