Cystic Acne Recipe

AkainePSP

For about the last month I have been having a terrible time with cystic acne on my face. So I did a little research and came up with a little concoction that seems to be working rather well. The acne is going away slowly but nothing else is popping up either.

1 oz. Honey

1/2 oz. Neem Oil

1 oz. Emu Oil

1 oz. Sweet Almond Oil

1 oz. Liquid Soap Base (I used a jojoba liquid Soap base)

1 t. polysorbate 20

1 t. Lavender EO

1 t. Lemon EO

I started using this on the 2/12 and it's almost gone. Now remember Neem has a nutty sort of yucky smell, but honestly this really is working great.

If you don't have emu use some other noncomodogenic oil. Here is an excellent chart - http://www.soapnuts.com/noncomo.html

Kelly:yay:

I may have to whip up some of this for my son. Both my boys got teenage acne and my oldests was so bad we ended up having to put him on Accutane (horrors!) My youngest son has the same problem but with all his other health issues (heart and diabetes) there is no way he can do the accutane and besides OMG that is horrid stuff....works wonders but bad stuff! Going to try this on him and see if it helps! Gotta order some emu...I am all out! Thanks for sharing!

Kimber you could probably use some other non comodogenic oil in the low clogging probability list.

http://www.soapnuts.com/noncomo.html

I just happened to have the emu because I use it in a pain cream for my son as he has cerebral palsy and terrible hip pain. So I thought what the heck I would try it insomething for myself! Let me know how this works for you.

Kelly

For about the last month I have been having a terrible time with cystic acne on my face. So I did a little research and came up with a little concoction that seems to be working rather well. The acne is going away slowly but nothing else is popping up either.

1 oz. Honey

1/2 oz. Neem Oil

1 oz. Emu Oil

1 oz. Sweet Almond Oil

1 oz. Liquid Soap Base (I used a jojoba liquid Soap base)

1 t. polysorbate 20

1 t. Lavender EO

1 t. Lemon EO

I started using this on the 2/12 and it's almost gone. Now remember Neem has a nutty sort of yucky smell, but honestly this really is working great.

If you don't have emu use some other noncomodogenic oil. Here is an excellent chart - http://www.soapnuts.com/noncomo.html

Kelly:yay:

I make a facial scrub similar to this and do not have cystic acne anymore

I only use jojoba oil, nothing fancy.

honey, glycerin, glycerin soapbase, w&b sugars ewax, stearic

preservative.

Yours looks nice I may try the addition of emu in mine

Thanks for posting

I make a facial scrub similar to this and do not have cystic acne anymore

I only use jojoba oil, nothing fancy.

honey, glycerin, glycerin soapbase, w&b sugars ewax, stearic

preservative.

Yours looks nice I may try the addition of emu in mine

Thanks for posting

I bet the w&b sugars would add a nice exfoliatation to this...Hmmmmm The healing properties of honey are awesome! My little yellow lab puppy I got for Christmas nicked me on the wrist with one of his baby teeth.....it got infected and swelled up. I put straight honey on it one night before bed and the next morning it had sucked all the redness, swelling and infection out of it and cleared right up!

gotta love honey!!!!!!!!!

Yes nice exfoliation...kinda sefl adjusting too, If you want less exfoliation when scrubbing , just add a bit of water to your hands and continue messaging - the sugar will melt faster thus less exfoliating.

I don't use anything else to wash with and I love it and so does my skin.