My first soap!!!

Vio

I remember when I first joined here, reading that people lose their table when they do this. Counters too. I never understood until recently though when I noticed, we hadn't eaten at the kitchen table in a month and we usually ate there almost every night! LMAO

And, I don't even have eveything there. I have two boxes in the basement. My wax and a spare dozen of my madison jars. I'm still trying to figure out where to put the darned soaps to let them cure!!!! :laugh2:

This new cabinet is nice. It's still not put together though. As soon as husband gets around to that, he gets to eat at the kitchen table again! :laugh2:

I also have my cleaned mold and measuring plastics on the counter. Have to put them away. And put the soaps on top of the tower on the table for now to cure. Oh well...it's all clean though. House is spotless! :):laugh2:

I can’t tell if you’re more proud of the new baby soap or the human ones! LOL. All are beautiful! Great swirls for your first try, very impressive!

On Dos and metal, only high grade stainless steal is safe from my readings. Iron molecules can create the nucleolus for DOS and almost every other metal will react with lye at some level (though most not so violently as aluminum, still, any reaction is bad) so best to avoid IMHO.

Really glad you have a locked cabinet for the lye. I would hate anything to happen to either of those two adorable little ones.

LOL I really should have done a chocolate fo in them I think Sara! :laugh2:

Thank you got the compliments . :)

GrandmaAriel, I'm up at 3:16 here my time because I just did another batch. Just about to post it in gallery. I won't risk doing anything in the world, if it will hurt my little sweeties. I've seen the lye accidents thread and that put a healthy fear in me. So, I make soap with gates up on the doorways, I set traps of kitchen chairs after them even, with garbage bags on top. I never leave the lye solution un-attended. I've been doing good getting a quick room temp just putting my weighed water in the pitcher, then filling the sink up just a little lower than that level with ice cold water. Even adding ice cubes tonight. That lye scares me. You had to hear me go over this with them. Telling them never, if mommy turns her back and they wind up in back of me or something because they broke through my barriers, to ever come near me when I'm doing this. I don't even melt wax with them in the room. Those two there are more precious that anything in the world. I'm even going to get some bells to hang from their doorknobs so I can hear if they come down to use the bathroom. I'm very nervous with lye. One little crystal of it drops, I get it and put it in the sink and run the water. LOL

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I used the soap again. Just slicing off slivers. OMG does it foam so nicely. Bars haven't changed color at all so I guess I got it off the metal in time. *crossing fingers*

Eugenia's recipe for the shoebox class is A#1 in my book!!! I know I'm going to do this one a lot. Just so great!!! Thank you again Eugenia for that class tutorial!!! :bow: