Just Browsing And Found This..

there are instructions for this look on about.com. the guy calls them "marbled" and makes them by pouring the candle and once it's pretty much set up putting tiny dots of dye around the edges and heating with a heat gun.

i tried it but it was a pita and still I didn't like the look.

So the dye is just on the edges?

May look cool - but I don't think I like the idea of that....

Of course, this person will make their first million and I will still be sitting here thinking "hmmmm, I just don't think that's a good idea"......:laugh2:

This is a cool look that we use with some of our candles. Sometimes, we use droplets of dye (the dye runs toward the bottom unless it is stirred). Other times we use intensely colored wax to "marble into a lighter base color. If doing the latter, one has to wait until the base color has set up a tad so that the colors don't just all blend.

Those are stunning!!:yay:

Stella,

I saw a demo of this procedure only it was done by applying the liquid dyes directly on the glass containers and then the cooled wax being poured in the jars. That was pretty cool too but I think I like this method better. I've played around with a couple candles like this but I did wonder about the wicking? Would the amount of dye a person uses have any affect on wick size? Say for instance I wanted to just barely swirl and then maybe the next candle I wanted alot of swirling with deep, dark colors, do you think that would matter?? TIA

CareBear...thanks so much for the link. I think I'll try one tonight. They look kinda cool.

Nice find HeavenScentU...:highfive:

Did you try them Arlene!? I would love to see a pic or more info how you made these! I saw a pic a while ago similar to these but never even considered I was even talented enough to make them!LOL! Then I saw how others make them and it doesn't seem all that hard.Let me know!

Kimmeroo:grin2:

Hey Kimmeroo...It was in my plans for today but I got side tracked with the Palm Pillars. Have you tried them yet? I'm trying to design my own plug to use in the forever pillars but ran into a few snags. I think I may try the dye marbled thingy on a small scale using votives. That shouldn't take to long to do and if it looks really crappy at least I didn't waste much wax and fo. lol If it doesn't come out looking like mud, I'll post them.:laugh2:

Thanx Stella!:rolleyes2 I hope the next one I can get to mix better.I used a bamboo skewer and poked holes all the way down in all different directions..then i put a couple drops of liq. dye in the holes,then I used the heat gun and started swirling. It took a while but this is the end result.

I wonder if the ones in the pics Heavensentu posted,if they put the dye on the sides of the glass? I like how they look.

I will keep trying. Kimmeroo

They are the 22oz. closeout jars from BCN...they may still have some.I didn't know what to expect when I got them, but I do like them..can't add them to my line because they are a closeout jar.:angry2: If they had lids that screwed on I would use them for my pantry..brown sugar,pancake mix....

I still have to get the jist of it but I liked making them.:cheesy2:

Kimmeroo