Calling all you smart people - what is this called?:)

candlemaker74

Hi,

I am working on labels and like the design of a "symbol" I found on a website, but do not know what "type" or what to call it to do a search for others like it...

I am talking about the design on both sides of the "Welcome To" and "Modern Alchemy" on the following website:

http://www.dlcompany.com/alchemy/mahome.htm

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks as always!

Those are called printer's ornaments. Those are specific to that person's site and have been animated. You can find others by checking out "dingbat" and "symbol" fonts. In addition Dover Publications has many public domain images, fonts, dingbats, printer's ornaments, etc. from the art nouveau and art deco period. HTH :)

Hi,

I am working on labels and like the design of a "symbol" I found on a website, but do not know what "type" or what to call it to do a search for others like it...

I am talking about the design on both sides of the "Welcome To" and "Modern Alchemy" on the following website:

http://www.dlcompany.com/alchemy/mahome.htm

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks as always!

I know I've seen something awfully similiar somewhere, on software...I thought it was Photoshop, but it isn't...I just checked. There's a "swirlie thingie" but not the same. I'll keep browsing, as I am for certain I've seen something.