Mid-Atlantic Mtg. Lights & Lather Artisans, PA July 19

Abbiepql

I started a new thread, since we are ending early registration tomorrow or after the last 3 early spots are sold. This "gathering" is a definate GO!

The Holiday Inn, Coraopolis, PA will be our host. They have been a real pleasure to work with and are excited to have us. Everything is falling into place. The site, with it's new message board is updating often so check it out at http://www.lightsandlather.org

We have not contacted any additonal speakers or demostrators, as we are collecting input from prospective attendees as well as those registered to find out what they would like to see and/or hear. Our next speaker or demonstrator will be for the candle makers, then we will add in areas of most interest.

So far everyone involved and all the speakers, demonstrators and suppliers we have contacted have been very positive and generous. It makes working on a project of this size much easier. Of course everyone that has registered, provided assistance or has offered to help THANK YOU!

This is going to be a blast!

I gotcha Nancy, there is only one spot left! LOL

Make sure you fill out your registration form/survey when you get it. We are getting very good suggestions regarding speakers and demos - as well as excellent recommendations on suppliers to contact.

I know what you mean about July seeming so far away, but it will be here before you know it.

I can remember thinking in the past when Cheryl would call me in January, OMG - why so early...now I know why - lotsa planning involved and the earlier the better.

Looking forward to meeting everyone for sure ~ we will have a GRAND time.:yay:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all ! I thought I'd post an update on the PA. gathering . sorry I'm like Silent Bob :cool2: these days .

Things are movin' & groovin' right along with registrations,speakers and demos. I am currently working on my demo/speech for flameless home fragrance products . if any of you attending have suggestions for products in this category that you would like me to discuss,please contact me via our website. I am really looking forward to meeting some new faces this year along with the change of scenery. :yay:

Thanks a bunch !

www.lightsandlather.org

I am sending out a update email this evening to those registered, if anyone would like to stay updated, we welcome your interest - just PM me your email address and I will put you on the update list so you will stay informed of changes and additions.

Our speakers and demo slots are almost full - we have some left in the works, to fill in - making sure we have something of interest for everyone, soapers AND candlemakers alike. Those companies that have responded to our invitation of participation have been very generous, we appreciate their support. We have only 2 tables left for attending vendors as of today.

Lyschel of the Candle Coccoon accepted our invitation to join us and do a demo, we are thrilled to have her with us.

I know it seems a long way off, but it will be here before you know it.

We appreciate very much all the tips, ideas, requests and recommendations our registered and prospective attendees have made.

• 1 month later...

just wanted to let you all know that we did our site update today ,we're in the process of firming up the schedule and so far we have something for everyone. There's still room for suggestions, so please send them on to us. If you'd like to keep updated on gathering happenings and activities, via email,just let us know at organizers@lightsandlather.org

:cool2:

ATTN: Chandlers & Soapmakers in PA, MD, WV, VA, OH, NY and anywhere else you care to travel from!

Come Join the Mid-Atlantic Lights & Lather Artisans for the annual meeting this summer in Pittsburgh, PA - Saturday 7/19

http://www.lightsandlather.org

I promised I would keep everyone informed on updates - Time to make plans for the summer!

We have included topics for most interests - chandlers, soapers, general crafters - from newbie to pro! And there is a bit of room in the agenda for more if YOU LET US KNOW what you would like to see & learn. These are the additions we are working on:

• A packaging demo (Packaging & labeling handmade products economically, quickly and professionally)
  • An insurance representative (Specializing in crafter's insurance, to discuss product liability)
  • Candle Topic - Palm Waxes?

Those suppliers/vendors participating so far with the event have been very generous and eager to share samples of their products or extend nice discounts to the group.

In addition we have the prizes for the contests and they are each valued over $100, GREAT deal! The door prize list is extremely generous and the event coordinators have been working overtime already to put together informative literature and reference materials for the binder.

The logo has been designed and implemented into gifties that everyone can use long after the gathering is over, nice touch!

There are pre-event socials being planned and co-op polls are open on the message boards, I believe there are two planned so far.

If you are interested, send me a PM and I will put you on our mailing list, that way you will be informed of changes and updates. If you want to save your spot, registration is available online.

• 1 month later...

YIPPEE! We have a Yahoo group to keep peeps updated.

I sent Yahoo invitations to join, but so many of them were ending up in junk mail and spam folders, I thought I would give you the

link. There is no approval necessary and no waiting for messages, just join and keep updated. Oh and POST if you have any

comments or questions.

I PM'd those I thought might be interested or those registered, but anyone is welcome. The link to join the Yahoo Group is on the site http://www.lightsandlather.org.

Thanks ~

I know!!!!! It's so exciting looking at all the stuff and hearing from all the guests and speakers.

It seems like forever that it was soooo long off and we had all the time in the world and now...things are clicking along really quick.

I am working on gifties this weekend and so far they have turned out so nice! It will be awesome to put names with faces, Kim it's been a while!

A friend stayed in the hotel last weekend and said it's gorgous and the staff extremely nice.

If anyone wants to come from my area, we might have some carpooling options available, pm me.

this past week was very productive,as far as vendors are concerned. There's more on the way, I will have to clear out some room for stuff that's coming. wonder if hubby will permit the use of his sacred garage ?:grin2:

• 1 month later...

mystical_angel and I will be leaving tomorrow afternoon. I have to work 1/2 day...yeah, pretty bummed about it...but whacha gonna do? It is about a 4.5 hr drive so we will be there early evening. We want to come to the meet and greet...but...IKEA comes first!...lol

OK...just got home from The Gathering and all I can say is...YOU MISSED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were a lot of very informative speakers and Demos....had a great time and learned a thing or two.

Abbie & Cheryl you guys done a wonderful job of organizing. Kudos to you!

Thanks again for a great time!

Thanks Kimberly ! Your demo was awesome, I think you've inspired alot of folks to make scrubs & polishes , me being one of them .I'm thinking about doing the Margarita scent :wink2:

I was happy with the way things came together, considering all of us live in different states, it was great :yay: I couldn't have done this alone, and I wanted to let everyone know that Abbie kicked major ta-ta on all the work she put into this event. Kim did a great job with the swap & contests, I still can't believe I won a prize-I never win anything :) It was nice to see Janet again, she's a riot ! I always love her demos. My daughter loved the soaps we carved for Bonnie's demo. Tina & Maryanne were great,I loved the distilling demo-so did everyone in the hotel !Lyschel has inspired me to try the rustic pillars. She is a sweetie and I'm glad we got to meet the night before. I was glad to get some good smellin' stuff From Connie & Mike (Backwoods), they've got some great stuff. I also liked the business tips that Bambi shared with us. I may have her plan our next vacation.

I hope everyone had a great time as well, and was motivated to grow their businesses. I got home last night and had a message on my machine from one of my wholesale customers , saying she was ready to place her Fall order. I guess this means busy season has begun.

Oh, I can't express it enough--if you live close, no excuses next year. It was fantastic. I have never received so many freebies in my life. The generosity of the suppliers is unlike anything I've ever seen.

The demos were all very interesting. Met Kimberly...Girl you are exactly how I'd picture you...your vibrancy comes across in message boards.

Cheryl & Abbie aka Betsy!! You both rock! What an experience, I can't wait to come back next year.