Anyone use

Tennesse Candle Supplies 70/30 wax? Think of trying it. I love GL 70/30wax but it's getting to where I can't afford it. They are having another price increase:sad2: and to have it shipped to me with that increase just doesn't make sense for me to carrying it much longer

That's good to hear. Anyone care to share which wick series they use for this wax? I emailed TCS a couple of days ago but haven't heard back from them as far as a wick series to start with. I currently use Eco and LX's with the GL Blend.

Hi Tara, 042.gif

As you know I also use GL 70/30 and just finished testing a sample slab of the TN 70/30 (shipping is much cheaper for me also from them since I live in NC). So far this wax is performing exactly the same as the GL 70/30, using the same wicks in my 8 oz. square mason and have not had to change anything. Colors beautifully, burns the same and H/C throw exactly the same.

Getting ready to order a case since it is on sale till the 19th. to test with. Afraid GL is just getting to high with the shipping I have to pay. Shipping is 1/2 the cost for me from TCS.

I use mostly CDN's and also HTP 105 wicks. A few FO's I use Eco's with, but mostly CDN's and HTP 105.

Tested so far with the TN 70/30 in 8 oz. square mason: (Just testing FO's I currently use to compare)

Satsuma (AH/RE) ECO 8 (same as GL 70/30)

Carmel Cinn. Latte (JS) CDN 14 (same as GL 70/30)

Butt Naked (GL) ECO 8 (same)

Strawberry Musk (GL) CDN 16 (same)

Downy Vanilla Lavender (NG) CDN 14 (same)

Vanilla Crunch (AH/RE) CDN 14 (same)

Pink Sugar (Peaks) CDN 14 (same)

Sweet Pea and Me (MC) CDN 14 (same)

Green Tea and Cucumber (GL) HTP 105

Their IS a difference in the way CDN and CD wicks burn. I MUCH prefer the CDN wicks (I only use the ones from SB: by the way Almond Biscotti and Heavenly Cinnabun from them is awesome in GL 70/30 just started burning in TN 70/30 and is exactly the same). CDN 14 with both.

Still more to test, but so far no difference between the two.

I live in the south, so my wick sizes may be one size too small for ones who live in colder climates, I tend to wick a little on the low side, but my jars are clean at the bottom with no to very little soot.

I also use C3 (am currently playing with 464) from CS for my soy only line (colorless): but love the 70/30 for my colored candles.

Really think you should give it a try.

HAPPY TESTING!!! 050.gif

Hi Tara, 042.gif

As you know I also use GL 70/30 and just finished testing a sample slab of the TN 70/30 (shipping is much cheaper for me also from them since I live in NC). So far this wax is performing exactly the same as the GL 70/30, using the same wicks in my 8 oz. square mason and have not had to change anything. Colors beautifully, burns the same and H/C throw exactly the same.

Getting ready to order a case since it is on sale till the 19th. to test with. Afraid GL is just getting to high with the shipping I have to pay. Shipping is 1/2 the cost for me from TCS.

I use mostly CDN's and also HTP 105 wicks. A few FO's I use Eco's with, but mostly CDN's and HTP 105.

Tested so far with the TN 70/30 in 8 oz. square mason: (Just testing FO's I currently use to compare)

Satsuma (AH/RE) ECO 8 (same as GL 70/30)

Carmel Cinn. Latte (JS) CDN 14 (same as GL 70/30)

Butt Naked (GL) ECO 8 (same)

Strawberry Musk (GL) CDN 16 (same)

Downy Vanilla Lavender (NG) CDN 14 (same)

Vanilla Crunch (AH/RE) CDN 14 (same)

Pink Sugar (Peaks) CDN 14 (same)

Sweet Pea and Me (MC) CDN 14 (same)

Green Tea and Cucumber (GL) HTP 105

Their IS a difference in the way CDN and CD wicks burn. I MUCH prefer the CDN wicks (I only use the ones from SB: by the way Almond Biscotti and Heavenly Cinnabun from them is awesome in GL 70/30 just started burning in TN 70/30 and is exactly the same). CDN 14 with both.

Still more to test, but so far no difference between the two.

I live in the south, so my wick sizes may be one size too small for ones who live in colder climates, I tend to wick a little on the low side, but my jars are clean at the bottom with no to very little soot.

I also use C3 (am currently playing with 464) from CS for my soy only line (colorless): but love the 70/30 for my colored candles.

Really think you should give it a try.

HAPPY TESTING!!! 050.gif

Wow, thanks for all that info. I plan to just go ahead and order a case as it sounds like I can't go wrong. Plus it's on sale until the 19th. What is SB? I know it's a supplier but I can't place the abbreviation. Thanks again for all that information.

Hi,

SB stands for The Scented Bean.

Forgot to mention their Strawberry Shortcake is fabulous in the 70/30. :drool: (HTP 105 in square mason). Have enough Tn 70/30 left to pour one more and will do this FO tonight.

Now to try and figure out how to insert a link to there site...

I use CDN 12 in most scents in the 12 sided Classic jar, so for the JJ maybe a CDN 10 or 12.

I used the JJ for a short time before changing to the square mason but didn't keep my notes. I think I used HTP 93 and LX18 or LX20 before I switched over to the CDN wicks. Can't remember if I tried the CDN wicks in the JJ.

I would probably do a side by side test with a CDN 10 and 12 in the same scent to see how they do.