More paraffin questions again

Either I'm not typing in the right wording or the questions I have about paraffin just haven't been covered yet.

1. When wicking a jar to burn paraffin, do you do the same as for soy and wick smaller to take into consideration the last half of the jart hat needs to be burned?

2. When I wick for soy, I know that the soy will slide down the side of the jar as the burn gets lower. Does one wick paraffin to do the same or should I be striving for a fmp right from the get go?

3. I have some zinc wicks, but since I was working with soy...I have more coated wicks that were meant to be used in soy. Can those same wicks that I would have used in soy be used in paraffin? ( I could have swore somewhere in my travels here that I saw a discussion once about this, but I...for the love of pete... can't seem to put my mouse on it.)

Kim

You can feel free to try any wick type in any candle. Some wick types were designed with a particular market segment in mind, but there's no way to make a wick so specialized that it can only work well in one kind of candle mixture. Most of them are used by various people in different kinds of wax.

The process of testing a paraffin-based container candle for wicking is the same as for vegetable-based candles. The paraffin blends do however have a much lower viscosity so all the wicks will burn at a higher rate. Normally you use a smaller size.

HTH.