looking for other Lush type scents?

sandissoap

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Okay girls, I'm going to soap Alkmare by Daystar. It's pretty strong so I would think that it will do really well at 0.7 oz/lb. I have samples of the Snowbaby, Honey Bee Sweet, Avobathe but they might perform better in MP. They all smell amazing! I'll give an update when I finally get it done.

oh oh oh I NEED to know how it comes out...

I can tell you that this fragrance is intoxicating! I love it in soap. This baby is in the mold and I just can't stop sniffing around it. I'll let you know more and I just might send you a bar when it's fully cured for you to try. I've noticed when I was researching from this board about LUSH that you are quite a "Lushie". You would be a wonderful tester!

I'll keep in touch.:smiley2:

I swear there's something in them that keeps me coming back. Even if I hate the fragrance, I keep wanting to smell it.

Snowcake smells like playdough I swear

Well, I ordered the real deal -- Alkmaar & Rock Star so I can compare it to my CP creation. I also ordered the Honey I Washed the Kids solid perfume. I can't wait to get them.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I ordered the real deal -- Alkmaar & Rock Star so I can compare it to my CP creation. I also ordered the Honey I Washed the Kids solid perfume. I can't wait to get them.

Here goes my review on LUSH scents and performance on my skin. Alkmaar smells beautiful and Rock Star is just delicious but will never use them again. In my excitement when I received them, I immediately hopped in the shower with a slice of each. I truly enjoyed the fragrance they both produced. However, I knew I was in trouble when I felt my skin start to itch and burn as I was drying myself. It quickly progressed to small rashy bumps all over my body. My body was on fire! I hopped back in the shower and lathered with my castille soap and rinsed well. I moisturized with my unscented organic lotion afterwards and took Benadryl -- really calmed my skin down quite a bit.

I'm better but the scattered rash all over my body still itch like crazy so I have an appointment with my dermatologist for prescription steroid cream. What a nightmare!

BTW, my 9 day old Alkmare CP is a true match to Alkmaar. I'm not kidding, it's lovely! Rock Candy in the bottle smells just like Rock Star soap. I will pour this next. My Roll On Perfume of Daystar's Honey Bee Sweet is an exact match to Honey I Washed The Kids Solid Perfume. I must say that Daystar did an amazing job with these Lush duplications.

how very odd. hope your itching goes away!

This is the most drying soap I have ever used. The only areas that I don't itch now are my hands so I still use them as hand soap. Seriously, my hands feel so dry and tight after using them but applying lotion afterwards solves the problem. I do LOVE the fragrance, the creamy lather and the lingering scent. I see my dermatologist today so all is well.