Trace Explained

NancyJo

Did you see that spit worth of shea he put in at the end. I almost died laughing! Now if he were a novice I would say ok....but he is selling the soap on his website. I pray it is not lye heavy! He also claims castor oil is a harsh soap oil.

Sorry, did not mean to hijack the thread, lol! The original video posted is a very good one.

If I were going to make a soap video I would be sure to wear my cute pink safety glasses and not goggles. :cheesy2:

I like the first vid too, I pour at a very light trace.

LMAO!!! You would be stylin in the camera:laugh2: I am going to have to try pouring at a light trace and see how it goes. My mind has been programmed to pour at a heavy trace.

Someone needs to tell him that you can't sit down and make soap if the bowl you are making it in is larger and higher than you head:laugh2:Or if the table top comes to your nipples!

LOL, as I watched the video I started making a mental list entitled "questionable" but it got too long. I think it started right off the bat when he picked up the container of lye with his bare hands. I don't know about you'all but I never do that. Stray lye dust or crystals tend to get on the outside. Mixing lye in the bottom of that big old glass jar, heating it to the better part of 200 degrees in just seconds using a caustic chemical that slowly eats glass? Yup, questionable. And even while babbling out all that information, did he ever manage to mention don't use aluminum?