Yank*** candles

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this with these mass produced candles. I was given one as a gift (silly I know, but the person thought I would like a candle that I didn't have to make). Anyway, I burned it. The throw was great, but now it still has over an inch of wax in the bottom and it won't burn anymore. It's as if it's intended to be this way. But it's over an inch and my first thought was.....pay so much for this??????guess it doesn't matter since I didn't pay for it and I still got to enjoy it w/o having made it myself. BUT next time..........I'll stick to my own candles.

Just a note though.........anyone know where to get a bamboo scented fo? That was the fragrance and I actually liked it.

I used to buy them all the time before starting my own biz, mostly votives, and a couple jars. What I noticed was the votives never burned right- they would tunnel so badly that I'd have tons of wax left over. Also, the jar sooted so bad that it was really ugly half-way thru the candle. It was one of the 22 oz jars and it cost a ton of $$.... that was when I said forget this and began making my own stuff. :)

I have gotten some of their candles. Mine got so hot they broke the glass.

Ditto that! Good thing I was right there in the room when the jar cracked and melted wax flooded my coffee table!:angry2: But it was several years ago and I will not allow them in my cabin for fear of the cheap jars they use.

Fire

Those of you who had cracked or busted jars did anyone report it to Yank**?? I would have wrote a letter or made a phone call........for gosh sakes that's a safety issue and you know if one of our customers ever got a candle that did that they would sue our butts faster than we could blink or at least the vast majority would.

The one thing (of the many) that i don't like about them is their wax. it is so UGLY. It looks like...i don't know what it looks like. all bubbly and not smooth and it is so hard. I know some people use votive wax for their container but i am used to that smooth top container wax usually makes. I just think what ever wax they are using it horendous looking.

oh! it looks like burn or melted plastic...:lipsrseal