mama and baby. I would like to make up a gift basket for

a friend who is expecting. I would appreciate any recipe that

you all would like to share. Thank you :smiley2:

Here is one for baby powder:

2 cups cornstarch

1/8 tsp. Chamomila powder

1/8 Comfrey Root powder (optional)

a pinch of lavender powder

Mix all ingredients and put in a powder shaker. Smells nice & teh lavender sooths the baby.

Baby Oil Recipe:

4 oz. Olive Oil

3 drops Lavender EO

Pour ingredients into a bottle, shake well before use. Olive oil is very gentle and soaks into skin well, and the lavender is relazing.

As for the soap I would just make your usual recipe (since I know what it is and know it is gentle:wink2: ) and add a baby powder scent to it or something soft..your lavender soap would be great also, kinda make a lavender themed basket maybe. HTH Also since the lotion that you make is quite gentle as well maybe you can just sent it with a baby scent or lavender too.

Anything infused with nettles makes a great belly balm/oil/butter...really helps with the itchiness. I made an oil out of light oils all with reparitave properties and infused olive with nettles...I believe her exact words were "Oh sweet relief, I love you!" lol Maybe even a bath tea with nettles, or soap for mama ... Can you tell I love this herb? lol

Anything infused with nettles makes a great belly balm/oil/butter...really helps with the itchiness. I made an oil out of light oils all with reparitave properties and infused olive with nettles...I believe her exact words were "Oh sweet relief, I love you!" lol Maybe even a bath tea with nettles, or soap for mama ... Can you tell I love this herb? lol

Where do you get nettles from? How do you infuse the oil with them? Thanks for the help. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Could you tell me where you get the following:

Chamomila powder

Comfrey Root powder

lavender powder

Can you buy the lavender buds and grinned them up to a powder? The same for chamomila and also grinned them up?

TIA

I believe there's a great suppliers' list posted, probably in the B&B Discussion forum.

Cradle Cap

1 oz calendula infused oil

.1 oz Vit E

10 drops geranium eo

5 drops lavender eo

Apply to scalp; let soak in for 30 minutes. Use a soft brush to massage scalp; shampoo and then apply a light layer after rinsing.

Diaper Rash Ointment

2 oz calendula infused oil

1 oz beeswax

1 oz shea butter

1 oz avocado oil

Vit E

OR

1 oz emu oil

1 oz kpangnan butter

1 oz avocado or hempseed oil

1 oz beeswax

Vit E

Baby Oil

4 oz olive oil

3 drops lavender eo

Baby Powder

1 cup cornstarch

1/4 cup chamomile powder

1/4 cup lavender powder

OR

2 parts cornstarch

2 parts rice flour or arrowroot powder

lavender eo

Nipple Oil

10 ml SAO

1 drop rosehip seed oil

Stretchmarks or Cracked Nipples

cocoa butter

apricot kernel oil

calendula extract

neroli, lavender, rosewood eos

(fiddle with the %s on this one - maybe start with 50% cocoa, 40% AKO, 9 % calendula, 1% eos)

OR

Vit E

SAO

olive oil

avocado oil

wheat germ oil

mandarin, palmarosa, lavender eos

Make sure you're aware of the eos NOT to use during pregnancy or on babies. Here's a decent list with eos Look for those identified by "avoid during pregnancy".

http://mypage.direct.ca/c/csamson/divination/essentialoils.html

here are a couple links for more ideas:

http://www.circlesoflight.com/aromatherapy/aroma13.shtml

http://www.childbirthsolutions.com/articles/pregnancy/aroma1/index.php

Thanks for all the recipes :) . I am sticking with Lavender EO cause I know that is a good one.

I made up some baby powder with arrowroot and rice powder. I liked the constancy of the arrowroot but the rice powder was more heavier so it changed the feel of it. So now am thinking of going with the arrowroot and cornstarch.

Where do you get nettles from? How do you infuse the oil with them? Thanks for the help. ;)

Sorry...I just now saw this since it got bumped up. I got nettles from www.fromnaturewithlove.com But its a pretty common herb (I think) so you should be able to find it other places that have a selection of herbs.

To infuse, you can add the dry herb to oil in a jar and let it sit in the sun for a few weeks. Or, you can do it double boiler method. So I can get it quick, I use the doubler boiler method - I put the jar in a pot of water and simmer for a long time. However, when summer comes around, I plan on just leaving the jars in the sun (too cold now). When its done, just strain ;)