Need 4627 advice

Hello, I've been experimenting with straight paraffin and additives for several months now and am not happy with very many of my finished products.

I'm thinking of ordering 4627 but I'm wondering...at what temp would you suggest adding the FO? And what is the best pouring temp for this wax? :confused:

All replies and any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

In my experience with this wax, I've never had any luck with the cd series; it always seemed to smoke for me and give me black soot. That's just my experience though, there may be others out there that have had good luck with them and the comfort blend.

If you aren't satisfied with the cd series, get a couple different wick samplers and try them.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,

Shari

C'mon top... Play nice....

I understand where you're coming from, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to make a point. The last question this person posted was a list of containers and what wicks to use for all of them. This isn't just the magic answer board. If anybody has an answer it's because they did some work. Everybody should show willingnesss to do some of their own. It's doesn't take even 20 minutes of reading on the first page of threads to figure out if you're getting soot you might want to try a different wick size or a different amount of FO. If you've "been experimenting" and are still stumped, then do some typing and describe what you've tried.

sorry, i just wanted to know which wicks to start with! I just received my wax 1 week ago. thanks anyway.

Get a sample pack and go for it - that is how I did it. the supplier will give you a guideline - I use that even though it isn't accurate - I test one size up and one size down toi start and go from there as far as adjusting my wicks.

Get a sample pack and go for it - that is how I did it. the supplier will give you a guideline - I use that even though it isn't accurate - I test one size up and one size down toi start and go from there as far as adjusting my wicks.

I'm finally taking this advice myself, I just bought some 4630 and a sample pack of HTP wicks and one set of jars. I've been playing around with other jars and have become unhappy with my "testing" so i'm doing it right.

Denise, if you take Tops advice and Bizzy's advice and read, don't just ask for the answers on a plate it's more satisfying to learn and see the results from your own learning.

I've been experimenting with this wax too. Why is it smoking? Black soot? 8oz. jj cd5 wick, 7oz. wax, and .70 fo 9%
sorry, i just wanted to know which wicks to start with! I just received my wax 1 week ago. thanks anyway.

Well... you have your starting point for testing. Did you trim your wick? Was it in a drafty spot? If all other conditions were good and still got too much soot, try going down a size. If that wont work, or the size is really close to what you need, try another type in an equivalent size to see if the problem is just that type of wick.

It all boils down to trying and testing yourself. As is said over and over again here, what formula works perfect for one person may not work for another. Same goes, what works great for you may not work for someone else. Others can help get you in the ballpark (which you already are if soot is the only problem) then you have to adjust from there.

Nobody is trying to be mean, it's just a fact.... :)

Everyone uses different wicks with different waxes. Just because you use CD and HTP with soy - doesn't mean the next candlemaker that makes soy uses CD's and HTP. They could use zinc or LX or premier or hemp. It is all about what works for you and your customers.

So I agree with Ducky, no one is trying be mean.....it is there is not going to be one answer for your question. I mean 15 people can answer and you may end up ordering 8 different sample packs due to the answers being different kinds of wicks.

Just try it yourself.