I appear to have.....

littlebrownbug

fragrance oil seperation in my palm container candles. I made these about a month ago or so and they have been mostly in the trunk or back seat of my car for most of 3 weeks now. Of course it gets really cold here in Nebraska and they probably have frozen quite well. I took the lid of of one of my blueberry patch (BCN) container (8 oz. jj) candles and lo and behold it was liquid on top none of the other 11 candles in the box have done this. Do any of you have any suggestions as to what may have caused this and the possible solution to fixing it. I used 3/4 oz. of fo per pound of wax for this candle and the wax is CS's GG palm container wax. TIA!!

Mike

Thank you Kristi and Traci both for your comments. I really do appreciate them. I did call CS and ask them about that because they had originally told me that the cold should not make a big difference. When I called them this time and explained this to them I was told that probably what had happened was that the wax shrunk in the extreme cold and could no longer hold the amount of fo that I had used. As time goes on the weeping should stop(and it has stopped now). It should not affect the candle and it's burning characteristics but I will watch this to see just how it is affected if at all. I will let you know how storing in the extreme cold can affect the candle while it is burning...if it does at all.

Mike

Candles are meant to be stored at room temperature. Extreme temperature changes can destroy a candle. Next time, bring them inside with you! You wouldn't want to stay out there, would you? Don't make the candles either! :)

-Kristi

Sorry, but LMAO!! Sometimes candles are bad though ;)

Actually I agree with don't subject them to extremes. If that's the only one that reacted, I presume it's because you left it in the car and I know you're colder than here and it's frigid wicked here.