shea butter

Tasha

I purchased 50 lbs of unrefined shea butter. Can someone tell me how to process it to put in jars and still keep the same consistency. I melted a small amount and put it in a jar, when it re-solidified it was very hard and I had to dig into it to get it out of the jar.

Thanks,

Tasha

I use it on my son (he has eczema) so I take right from the container it came in. But I tried putting some in a jar. I melted it in the microwave the first time. I did some further research after posting and found that you melt it in 30 second increments and then package. I got 50 pounds because the shelf life is good and it wasn't that expensive.

Tasha

I use it on my son (he has eczema) so I take right from the container it came in. But I tried putting some in a jar. I melted it in the microwave the first time. I did some further research after posting and found that you melt it in 30 second increments and then package. I got 50 pounds because the shelf life is good and it wasn't that expensive.

Tasha

be careful not to microwave it too much. As too much heat can detroy the vitumins in the shea and it can loose some of its healing power.