Need Help from the Best

I put that as the title cuz you all are the best. Youv'e helped me alot, and I'm here again w/my newbie questions. lol

I did a large container pour (about 10 container candles), I did not use mold release, cuz they are not molds, but I screwed up somewhere. Most, no all, but most of them caved hard in the center, ok, I know where I went wrong cuz I read lots here.

My question is:

Is it of ya'll advice that I dig out the wax and remelt, cuz some of the (ok, most of the) wicks are NOT stright now?

The wicks that seem to be pretty striaght, I'm just going to fill up the centers, but what about the rest of them?

Thank you all in advance, cuz I know your the best group to help me out.

phxmtngirl

I don't know what kind of wax you are using, but some container waxes will shrink as they cool. I use wick bars to hold my wicks in place. This will keep your wick from tipping over as the wax cools. The wicks that are straight, I would just do a repour to top them off. The ones that are off center could be straightened with a heat gun if they aren't off center too far down. You could use a candle warmer to melt the wax and center them up, hold them with a wick bar of pencil or something until they cool again. Hope I helped and didn't confuse!

Misty

I did add more scent just before the pour, cuz I seem to have lost alot of it.

Unless you're really "cooking" the wax, as in high temps or for long periods of time, you shouldn't lose enough scent to notice. You may be getting "candle nose" as we call it. Your sniffer just gets used to teh scent and you can't smell it as much. However, even if you are burning off the scent, remember that's ONLY the scent. All the oil that it was in is still in the wax and it will only hold so much.

Put your jars in the oven & let the wax remelt, pour it out & try again. But you must anchor the wick at the top of the jar as well as the bottom. For a long time I used shis kabob skewers and wrapped the wick around them. Now I make a 3 legged spider with a hole in the middle to hold the wicks in place. I make the spiders at work, and they're great.

Fredron