First Pillar poured since 1972

Arlene

I really tried to get all of my "ducks in a row" before I started on this project. :read: I got all my supplies and directions together, crossed my fingers, and began. By the end of the project the ducks were wildly flying around the kitchen like raving lunatics.

Somehow, it managed to turn out okay. Whew As you can see, it doesn't have a wick yet. One nerve-wracking thing at a time.

It's been 2 days since I completed it. I think I've calmed down enough to try it again. This time the ducks will be chain-ganged and tranquilized!

post-5681-139458440697_thumb.jpg

post-5681-139458440703_thumb.jpg

Hey Ya'll....thanks for looking. You know it does kinda look like a log. I was thinking a fat "Slim Jim". lol

:whistle: Come on Kimmeroo...you've got the mold, and I know how you like to test...

I've been doing container candles on and off for the last 15 yrs. The Pillar I referred to in '72 was made with Gulf Wax (used for canning) and a small box of Crayola crayons for color. Ah, to be young again and not know any better...

Well,maybe my mom has the mold:tiptoe: ..lol! I was born in 65...I was making the crayon santa shoes in school prolly!lol!Hey nothing wrong with making candles in 72!:tongue2: I remember back then that the food and beverage candles were popular...I loved the rootbeer float ones!:drool: Prolly where I first ,down deep in my soul ,was interested in candle making and didn't even know it yet! LOL!

Yes, Arlene your right I love to test! Kep up the good work YOU!:tongue2:

Kimmeroo