ISO crafts ideas for lady on bedrest

JenT

A lady I work with....her daughter was admitted in the hosp last Thursday with contractions...though she isnt due until MAY:shocked2:

They are keeping her in the hosp and on meds to try and hold off as long as they can so the baby's lungs and important organs can develop.

Anyways....they are looking for ideas for crafts and what not she can do everyday....only so much TV you can watch and cross word books.

She cant really sit up so it has to be something that can be done in a laid back....reclined position in a hosp bed.

ANY ideas would be welcomed!!

Thanks!!

Lace crochet would be a good one. This is basically crochet for things that look like doilies, but you can crochet anything. After the item is finished, it can be starched to make a three dimensional object such as an angel, christmas tree, snowflakes, or what have you. I think it would be good for bedrest because the objects are small, lightweight, and very challenging with the variety of patterns and stiches. Special tiny crochet hooks and crochet cotton string are required, as well as a good pattern book. You should be able to find these at a good craft store or eBay. Good luck!

Im addicted to loom knitting. So, thats what Im going to recommend; lol! For about $12 at Walmart, you can get the set of 4 Knifty Knitter circle looms, and she can make baby hats on the little blue one in 30 min to an hour. And, that particular loom is small and easy to use from a reclining postition. I sold over 20 infant baby hats between Thanksgiving and Christmas on my Etsy shop; they are very easy to do! And, I have created some baby hats patterns that I could email for you to print out and give to her.

Baby Hat patterns Ive created:

Watermelon hat

Snowman hat

Xmas tree hat

Cable knit hat

Plus, there is alot of cool KK patterns out there on the internet. I usually make my own because I have a hard time understanding other peoples patterns.

If you need help deciding on what supplies to get, let me know! Im always willing to enable other people to loom knit with the Knifty Knitter!

Thanks guys!

Her mom is trying to teach her how....lol....I dont know how to myself!

I am going to let her use my lap top too...I hardly ever use...so that should waste some time for her too. If anyone else thinks of anything PLEASE let me know!!

She could make stretch bracelets--just string beads on an elastic cord and tie a knot. Anybody could do that.

Maybe she would like to try her hand at drawing. A simple sketch book and pencils are all that is needed.

If she expects to have a lengthy stay, she could even get started making a quilt.

Plastic canvas isn't very difficult to do while reclining. I think there are even some baby patterns available. Counted cross stitch, sewing by hand, friendship bracelets. Oh, some people make girls' hair bows and I imagine that could be done while reclining. Would be esp fun if she's having a girl.

She is having a girl!

We got together and bought all sorts of cross stitch things last Friday after we found out she is in there for a LONGG time...hoping anyways...she isnt due until May so the doc said the longer she can hold out the better...and they arent letting her come home until the baby is born...but by Monday morning she was bored with the cross stitch and the fact that she cant actually sit up in bed is driving her nuts!!

I'm going to see about the bracklets...she may like that...she isnt very crafty...lol...she is the kinda person who cant sit still..thats why we cant think of what to get for her to do.

Thanks again!!!

• 1 year later...

You might have seen hemp jewelry that are simple to look though beautiful but inexpensive. You can make the hemp bracelets easily with the addition of few beads, and that looks great. This article will educate you on how to make hemp bracelets.

Making hemp bracelets are simple and real fun. You can do it during a long journey in order to break the boredom. Just learn the basic knots with twine and beads and this would help you to pass the time and personalize your creativity and style.

friendship bracelets

http://howtomakehempbracelets.net/