Testing C3 and need help...

you say almost the exact thing I say, Stella... and I get called a rude bitch and get asked to not post any longer? Guess not everyone likes House.

Tereasa, I think you are good people and I respect your observations and experience. Your "style" may be different, and some folks might react to that style negatively, but the substance and value of your posts is never lost on me. Some of the meanest SOBs on the face of the earth (and you don't even come CLOSE!) have been my BEST teachers in life. It ain't about style or popularity - it's about knowledge and learning. Sometimes a 2x4 will get a point across quicker and more indelibly than all the handpatting and spoonfeeding in the world. ;) Different strokes for different folks. It takes a village to raise a noob. :)

I have to agree that jumping to change waxes is not necessarily the solution. Each soy wax has it's own unique problem or problems. C3 is a good wax, you just need to learn to work with it. With shipping charges as bad as they are, if you intend to ever sell your candles, you should be buying the wax you can get closest to your home and working through the problems...I know it's frustrating, but realize that these ladies have had YEARS of experience and know what they are talking about. And ladies, remember when we a feeling down and frustrated it's easy to take things very personally.

With shipping charges as bad as they are, if you intend to ever sell your candles, you should be buying the wax you can get closest to your home and working through the problems

AMEN!!! You said a MOUTHFUL there, KK!

I think sometimes folks may get the impression that I think C3 is "Da Bomb." It isn't that so much as it's simply the most consistent soy-based container wax that is available closest to my location. I am impressed with the good results folks achieve with ALL of the larger soy wax brands despite the challenges of the medium. I envy some of the qualities those blends possess that C3 does not. Most successful soy candle chandlers have learned to work with what is closest to them and isn't that a little greener and more cost effective?