Putting actual food in Lip Balms

Crystala25

I'm guessing Crystala seen it done somewhere and is wondering about the viability of it?

Personally I wouldn't want to risk putting anything up to my mouth that couldn't sit out on the table in 75 degree (or warmer) weather and not turn or attract flies, lol.

Maybe there is a way to use dehydrated food... like what the military/survivalists use?? :confused:

I think I know the bacon lip balm that you're talking about. I SERIOUSLY doubt that it actually has bacon in it, but more than likely contains either a bacon flavor oil or it's made with bacon grease. I certainly hope it's a flavor oil, otherwise GROSS!!!

There are many freaky flavor oils out there if you look around. I've seen horseradish and bell pepper, so why not bacon? lol

The only foods that I've heard of people successfully adding to lip balm are honey and chocolate. Even those are tricky to work with.

I'd stick to flavor oils (or essential oils) if I were you.

Guest Candelishis
Can you imagine having a chicken flavored/scented lip balm and smearing it all over your lips. You'd look and smell like you had been eating greasy chicken. lol

LMFAO.....

*Slathers on the fried chicken lip balm.

"Come here baby, gimme a kiss!"

"Mmmmm....tastes like chicken..."

OMG that was soooooooo wrong.....but that's what popped into my head!

Ha! I don't know about you all but I bet my husband would LOVE bacon flavor lip balm- maybe it's the wave of the future to use food to lure men into the lip balm / body care world. Just think- whisky body butter, fried chicken hair gel. Ok, I'm grossing myself out.

I doubt it's feasable that anyone could use actual food safely and expect it to have a shelf life..

wierd