Tis The Season.....For Giftbaskets! :)

prairieannie

I don't know about anyone else, but I have had more requests already for giftbaskets than I can count. Thought I'd start this thread, because I'm feeling the need to be a little more creative with my baskets now that the holidays are here. Can we list Gift basket filler ideas? What I mean by fillers is...the little things to "perk" it up. Such as poufy scrubs for a B&B basket, or spa slippers for a spa basket...that sort of thing. I would love to get some cool new ideas~ Anyone??

hmmmm...how about for b&b "bath" baskets you could make a "girls night in"....all sizes depending how much of a pricetag they are willing to take! you could start out with the simple

salts/teas/fizzies/melts, etc.

soap/shower gel, etc

lotion/whips/butters, etc.

body sprays/linen sprays, etc.

candles/jars/holders (i like lots so this is something you could add more of for the deluxe...i love bathing in a candlelight rooom.....so relaxing)

poofies/slippers/spa socks/loofahs/back scrubbers/soap savers

manicure sets

wine glass & CD (i noticed walmart had a pretty good selection of holiday type cds, could also go with classical, easy listening, greatest love songs, etc)

i have a bazillion types of ideas for this type of thing...just NOT much time to put it into motion....2 kids under 3)

ask if you'd like more.....

manly basket ideas....hmmm i think they call it a "dop" kit....

if you could find the old time mugs with the brushes & add in a shaving soap - could either pour it into the mug or make "rounds" that would fit into them

maybe add in an unscented moisterizer or a "manly" scent like mountain lake or something....could also add in some grooming scissors, small comb, nail clippers

you could do the "Metro" themed manly baskets as well..now that more men are starting to take skincare seriously you could put a wide array of products in...just make sure they are unscented or have a manly scent....

packaging on both should be very simple! dop kits could be on the rustic side with darker colors while the metro would have a more modern approach...i'm thinking clear and shiny....maybe even packaged in the plain paint cans that you can buy at lowe's/home depot

I like to add candy to mine, but then again, I don't have to buy it cause it's something that I make and sell as well. If any of ya are interested in the fudge or candies, let me know. I'm going away for the weekend, but have a solid christmas tree candy that I just made and will get on the site next week.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend,

Sara

Ooooh I love gift baskets -receiving them I mean!! :D LOL

I love putting them together as well-since I don't sell too much yet, I have just put them together for gifts.

Last year, I put together baskets for all the women in my family:

A tart warmer

tarts of various scents

tealights

a candle lighter

This year I've got some great stuff for teen baskets, or anyone really, but I was gearing it for the teens with brighter colors etc. that they would like:

I bought some really bright acrylic soap dishes (on sale at Walgreens for .50 each) in hot pink, lime green, orange, clear, clearish white, yellow, aqua.

Then I found bright multi colored bath poufs that matched, and also solid colored ones that matched.

Then, I'm going to make up some of my "funfetti" soaps in colors to match and in scents that the girls are all raving about (I'm taking cues from my daughter and her friends ), plus hoping to have some lotion and body sprays made up soon (haven't really started with these yet).

Those cute little lipglosses in the flower or heart or lips containers would be cute to add Does anyone make these and sell them wholesale? I'd buy some from you-PM me.

Things that I would like in a gift basket would be, B&B stuff of all kinds, soothing tea bags (the oatmeal/lavender ones), votives, container candles, a pillar, a wick trimmer.

Oooh another idea just came to me, since I've become addicted to Starbucks just recently! :D

How about a coffee themed basket? You could make some candles in those retro cute coffee mugs, maybe some vanilla type B&B stuff, and put a small $$ amount gift card for Starbucks in there. ?????? Or a small bag of flavored coffee also.

I'd LOVE that kind of basket!!

One year I went to B&BW (before I started this adventure myself ;) ) and bought my SIL&BIL and my hubby's Aunt&Uncle one of those stainless steel shower caddies and filled it with his and hers b&b, plus a pouf for her and a massage soap bar for him. Those were a BIG hit.

Oh I could go on and on I think, but I've got to get my day moving here, lots to do today. :tiptoe:

I have a question...does anyone know the laws or regulations in reference to putting stuff in gift baskets? What I mean is, is it ok to put products like "Hershey" or "Coke" or "Godiva" or other name brands in our baskets? This isn't infringing on anyones rights? HMMMM....

Ok here's a list I made awhile ago, It may give you some ideas:

For kids: Animal crackers, fruit snacks, School supplies, Toys (jacks, jump rope, slinky, silly putty, barrel of monkeys, etc.), Activity/puzzle books

For girls: Hair clips, journal/pen, lip balm, fuzzy slippers, jewelry

For men: golf balls, golf tees, fishing lures, gourmet nuts, microwave popcorn, fire starters & a lighter

For women: wind chimes, suncatchers, picture frames, candle warmers, votive holder, wax potpourri and melter, Chai Tea, B&B products

For the environmentalist: organic trail mix, organic soup mix, organic pasta, beans & lentils, handmade soap, Natural B&B products, Earth-friendly cleaning products

For the cook/baker: cookie cutters, recipe cards, wooden spoons, measuring cup, baking mixes

For the traveler: Tissue packs, gum, travel mug/sports bottle, hand sanitizer, travel sized lotion, stationary, book (like “Chicken Soup” books), travel tin candles, herbal heat/cold pack.

For the gardener: seed packets, bulbs, gardening gloves, gardening tools, garden stakes

For pets: dog/cat treats and toys, doggie shirt or bandana, food bowls, ID tags, brush, nail clippers, toothbrush/toothpaste

For the executive: desk accessories, paperweight, stress ball/toy, desk puzzles, desk calendar, candy dish with candy

I wouldn't think its infringing...we can order gift baskets with all that stuff in it. There's even wholesalers out there that you can drop ship from.

Now making your own treats...do you have to be licensed for that? I mean does someone need to come in and inspect your kitchen, etc?

I was thinking of doing some coffee treats inside a big coffee mug....but I can't find mugs really big enough. I could make them up with a lip balm, bath melt, maybe a lotion bar, but candles don't really fit in there.

One year I went to B&BW (before I started this adventure myself ;) ) and bought my SIL&BIL and my hubby's Aunt&Uncle one of those stainless steel shower caddies and filled it with his and hers b&b, plus a pouf for her and a massage soap bar for him. Those were a BIG hit.

what a FABO idea Michi! LOL< I love this thread LOL, I'm getting GREAT ideas from everyone :D

My gift baskets, actually they are boxes from Nashville Wraps, include a variety of the things I make such as candles, sachets, potpourri, potpourri refresher, car air fresheners and beeswax ornaments. I do a theme of one scent, say cinnamon, or combine complimentary scents. They are fun to put together.:)

Now making your own treats...do you have to be licensed for that? I mean does someone need to come in and inspect your kitchen, etc?

Just to let ya'll know, I started the candy and fudge before I did the candles, but when we moved to Vermont, I listes all that I did on all of the applications, and the town had to send someone out to inspect the kitchen, make sure we had a smoke alarm on both floors, ect.

It was a pain waiting for them to get around to coming, but once they showed up, they were quick and told me everything was fine.

a couple years ago , for a christmas gift to my daughter and my daughter-inlaw, i made each of them a basket, my DD loves to read, so i bought her 2 good paperbacks, then a mug with 2 packs of hot cocoa, pair of pj's and house shoes and a few scratch off lottery tickets. my dil loves movies , so she got 2 movies, some popcorn and coke, pj's & house shoes, lottery tickets. now had i been making candles they would have got them in the baskets also.:smiley2: