A Wax Question

I know someone here can and will help me on this. I was trying to find a company closer to me due to the increase in prices with wax and stuff. Someone told me about Carolina Candle Supplies. I wanted to know with me using "Joy Wax" form NG which one of their(Carolina Candle Supplies) waxes would you reccomend me trying that sounds closer to what I'm using. I hope that doesn't sound too crazy. But I want to try using Carolina Candle Supplies wax but I'm not sure which one to try being that I have been using Joy for so long. Can anyone help? :confused: Thanks

Well, that answers that question... where are you? Could you drive to Durham? CandleScience is supposed to start stocking a 70/30 parasoy soon. Also, Tn Candle Supply is great too- they're in Jonesborough. Aztec is in Knoxville, but they tack on handling fees... :rolleyes2

And I've used Joy too, and GW 464 is very similar in pouring temps and behavior, only there is no parrafin... you might want to test that one too...

-Kristi

Well, that answers that question... where are you? Could you drive to Durham? CandleScience is supposed to start stocking a 70/30 parasoy soon. Also, Tn Candle Supply is great too- they're in Jonesborough. Aztec is in Knoxville, but they tack on handling fees... :rolleyes2

And I've used Joy too, and GW 464 is very similar in pouring temps and behavior, only there is no parrafin... you might want to test that one too...

-Kristi

I will try them too Kristi. Thanks. I live in Hampton Virginia

OK, if you're in Hampton, DEFINITELY use CandleScience as your main supplier. They are 3 hours from you and hands down one of the highest recommended suppliers on this forum.

They have GREAT fragrances, are rated in soy and they have a great selection of waxes. They are getting a parasoy blend soon, but I think you'll like 464 too. Great adhesion, great throw, burns easily, pours hot, smooth tops, no additives needed. Some frosting on deep reds and blacks. It behaves very much like Joywax.

AND Candlescience has awesome prices on wax and a REAL shopping cart that figures delivery charges (and their prices are so good that I order from them over a closer supplier and still come out ahead!).

-Kristi

oh, and if you end up using 464 and someone asks "is this soy" you can say yes as there is no paraffin in it! :grin2:

CandleScience is my main supplier so I have to agree with everything that lcm said.

I am trying my darndest to hold off on doing anymore testing with TCS 70/30 so I can try the one that CS is supposed to be getting in. I love the 70/30 I'm testing but if I can get the same results from the CS blend I'm all over it if the price is better/same.

Thank both of you guys. You have helped me so much. I will be trying CS 464 since that one is some what like Joy. I hear so many good and bad things about Joy, but for me and my customers it really WORKS. So I'm going to try CS 464. Thanks a bunch. :highfive: I'm going on their website now to look around a bit. How about jars? Do they sell them? Well, I guess I can see that when I go on the site. LOL:grin2:

I asked NG about the joy wax, what % was soy. This is what I got....

"I am sorry, but I do not know how much soy is in the joy wax. All we know is that it is more than 50%."

I know it's not "the formula", but I hope it helps.

I think we need to start a "travelling" board. So if you are heading across country you can pick up and deliver waxes for people. LMAO. I know next time my sister comes up from NC I am sending her by Candle Science.... she can bring me all the heavy things! LOL

I hope you find a comparable wax!

Yeah, I remember you telling us before about what NG said to you. But it's all good. I got the answers I needed from the group here thank goodness. Haha! I think you came up with a GREAT idea. I would love to get someone to drop me off some of that wax I'm hearing all these good things about.:laugh2:

Keshia

Now GB (or GW) 464 isn't the same as Joy wax. It has no paraffin in it, so it will frost some and after burning I get some crystalization on the tops. Candlescience WILL be getting a parasoy blend, but 464 is a soy only blend.

Just wanted to clear that up! And yes, they have great quality tins and glassware at Candlescience. And a heads up, if you're placing an order, leave a message in the "notes" section and tell them which FO you'd like a free 1 oz sample of. You have to ask or they won't send it!

-Kristi

Now GB (or GW) 464 isn't the same as Joy wax. It has no paraffin in it, so it will frost some and after burning I get some crystalization on the tops. Candlescience WILL be getting a parasoy blend, but 464 is a soy only blend.

Just wanted to clear that up! And yes, they have great quality tins and glassware at Candlescience. And a heads up, if you're placing an order, leave a message in the "notes" section and tell them which FO you'd like a free 1 oz sample of. You have to ask or they won't send it!

-Kristi

Thanks Krisiti for clearing that up for me. You have truly been a great help along with others. Good looking out on that 1oz FO information. That's good to know because I wouldn't have otherwise. I'm glad about that.:cheesy2: So, is it safe to say I would be better off waiting on Candlescience parasoy blend? The fosting thing scares to me death. Hahahahaha! I hate even the sounds of that so I want to stir away from that as much as possible. Now I'm not sure what the crystalization on the tops are but that can't be good either,:laugh2: So we will see. Thanks again.

Sometimes it looks like grains of sugar or salt (big grains) on the tops after burning. Hard to explain, but not terrible looking either. I haven't had any real problems with frosting.

If you have people wanting a soy only candle, 464 is an awesome wax- super easy to work with. You could always just get 10# to test... and watch out, CandleScience's fragrances are da bomb!

-Kristi

Okay guys, one last wax question. I think:naughty: Hahaha. What wax works wonders for you when making pillars? Now that's a mouth full.:) A couple of my customers are asking about these as well as votives which I've tried making already so I wanted to try my hands. Any help will help. Thanks

Keshia