Texas Wax Prices

bugtussle

Just did a survery with my Tx wax suppliers. They don't even know about all of these wax (both soy & paraffin) increases. True, it may take a while for the effect to trickle down, but I just have to wonder if suppliers like WSP, etc, (won't name any others) aren't getting a bit greedy. Reminds me of what our gas stations do when a holiday is coming up or when the news media screams about crude hitting another high. I know shipping is up and we can expect price increases from that, but those greedy suppliers just may end up loosing a lot of customers. IMHO Carole

I have talked with my supplier and I have had to raise my wax prices twice so far since November and I have to raise it again this month. Once I get my new shipment of wax in my prices will be going up. Maybe the people you are talking to haven't heard of an increase because they haven't had the need to order recently.

I am shopping for 10+ cases and I was pleasantly surprised! Lone Star will let me know what is on the horizon. It may have something to do with shipping from Baytown on the IGI waxes. The C3, I just don't know. LS sells alot of wax. Robert @ Taylored will match Tx prices and he carries C3. Carole

Just one thing to consider though......Texas is on the coast and Houston is a major shipping port....maybe it's cheaper to get it to us here in TX so the prices aren't having to go up. Just a thought though.......

I use Ecosoya PB, and I compared prices at BCS and Candlescience. Candlescience's price on the Ecosoya PB is a good bit less than BCS. I didn't compare shipping costs, though - it might cost more to get it to me from Candlescience (although I doubt it would cost $10 more). I'll have to see.

I am shopping for 10+ cases and I was pleasantly surprised! Lone Star will let me know what is on the horizon. It may have something to do with shipping from Baytown on the IGI waxes. The C3, I just don't know. LS sells alot of wax. Robert @ Taylored will match Tx prices and he carries C3. Carole

My C-3 wax prices in Ohio have increased by $ 10.00 per 50lb box. No they don't order a million pounds of it but they order four to six pallets at a time. Most of it is freight charge increases but it is also costing the farmers more to harvest the soy crop. But my supplier is also local so I don't pay shipping but I have increased my candle prices for 2008.

Fire

As far as the Soy issue and prices...I come from a farming background and my dad sold his beans this year for about triple what they have been in the past. My FIL also sold his beans for about triple. $10+ a bushel for beans has pretty much been unheard of. With that being said i think the price of Soy Wax is going to increase tremendously over the next 12 months! With the huge increase of the raw product plus the inflated gas prices the manufacturers and going to be paying through the nose......and that of course will trickle right down to us.