Labeling ?

Crafty1

i was in home goods yesterday, which is a store that sells home furnishings and accessories and owned by tj maxx. in the bathroom section, there was a shower gel called honey something. it smelled nice and was packaged lovely, but my concern is, there was no ingredients listed on the label. are there any laws that says we don't have to list ingredients on shower gels, does it fall in the same category as soap? unsure...please advise.

TIA

I have never seen a bath and body label that didn't list the ingredients. Are you sure you couldn't peel the label back to see the ingredients? I know that some companies do it that way..this one may be the same. Robin seems to be the expert on the laws of these things, but I'm almost positive you must list ingredients for bath and body products.

I list all ingredients on the front.With my lotion though it was more to put on so had some labels made that wrapped around the lotion bottle with ingredients on back.With my antibacterial soap ingredients on the front.It is amazing what bigger companies get by with.Peel back to look what is in the stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!UNREAL

LynnS

I list all ingredients on the front.With my lotion though it was more to put on so had some labels made that wrapped around the lotion bottle with ingredients on back.With my antibacterial soap ingredients on the front.It is amazing what bigger companies get by with.Peel back to look what is in the stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!UNREAL

LynnS

i know what you mean Lynn. for the life of me, I honestly don't recall seeing no hidden labels that displayed the ingredients and yes the larger companies can get away with way more than us.

Soap does not require listing ingredients, but if you list one you must list them all.

I found out that if you market your soap as a "hand soap" then you do not have to list the ingredients but if you market is as a body soap you do have to. Dont know if there is some way around this or not?? HTH