wood roses?

LynnS

I just ordered the wood roses and wanted to ask those who do them if you brush the fragrance or dip the petal in the fragrance. I also wondered about going so far down the stem for a better scent. Any ideas???

Do you scent them 2 times or just once???

LynnS

:rolleyes2 Ok, I have a dumb question.....wood roses? Do they look real? I have absolutely NO idea anything about them. Where do you find these? I suppose it would be everlasting, so how would you dust them? LOL. Sorry for all the questions....just curious...

Gloworm'

That sounds so little for the fragrance(Q tip) but I bet they did smell good. Really must saturate the wood and why all you need for them. Thank You

ditzy1,

We have talked about them on the Board but it has been awhile. I wanted to do them but just put it off. I saw them at a show and they were great sellers They are just what they say. MADE of real wood. Have to feel them to believe they are just made of wood. They look that real.

One company I checked had over 60 different colors. They are very pretty.

I will see if I can find that site.I saved it in my favorites I THINK.

When I did do a search there were gobs of sites selling them. Packaging too.

LynnS

I didn't know what they were either, so I hadda look...

Nature's Garden (among others) has them...

http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/candlemaking-soap-supplies/category.cgi

Have y'all noticed the cool Similar Threads feature you can see if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page? I just became aware of it a few days ago after someone mentioned it... :embarasse Some nice photos of these there...

I think it's a new feature... I HOPE it's a new feature...:shocked2:

Lynn, if you find your link to the manufacturer/supplier, please share it... I would like to make some of these... Has anyone ever seen a natural wood colored one? Are all styles buds or are there some that are open, half-open, etc.? I am intrigued by these... :)

Let me try this again.I answered these questions and then slipped to my favorites and OPPPPSSS I lost my post. So here goes again!!!!!!

Stella, They come in open, closed and half opened from what I remember on the site I ordered from. I looked at several. For the wood color sure they can be found but looking I see they have Cherry Wood, Coffee, Burnt Orange and Cinnamon. A couple of those might be a brownish but no just "natural wood only" color.

The site is The Wood Rose Garden. I like the name.

There are gobs of these companies on-line but with having a slow computer I got tired of waiting for pics to download and went on to another. I am sure all are about the same in cost.

LynnS

I know I saw the 3 choices so will look again tomorrow. :confused: My NEW Years Resolution was to go to bed earlier this year LOL. So off to bed soon.

My order is on its way and I just ordered.:yay:

The other post listed here has so many different flowers besides Roses.That is neat but I think that one took me so long to download the pics. I guess I could bring it up and go do some housework.:laugh2: That would work!!!!

LynnS

Stella,

Have Faith. I will do my search again. Cannot be far from where I looked. Doesn't take me long to get tired of surfing the net.

OK I got it. Now remember I have been surfing the net, going to pick up candle supplies, working on chunk and 3 layered candles, re-doing some of my website,shopping on-line and a few on-line candle orders. So kinda in a tizzy.

I marked the Wooden Rose Garden in my favorites wanting to go back later to the site. It does not have the BUDS.

After I marked that I went to another site and ordered with this company(Specialty Retail Sales). So I was confused where I purchased checking 3 companies all the same time and in a hurry to order.

Stella,

The Wooden Rose Company out of MI has all the roses you are looking for. When I clicked on what Cathy has it is the same company and mentions calling and a few bunches you can choose from. I did a search for Wood Rose Company and came up with a huge website. I typed in www.woodenrosecompany and it came up lots of info. It also sells alot of diffferent flowers besides the roses. I love the open ones. Will check it more. Computer was a little faster today. Probably to early in the morning.

Let me know if this works and what you are looking for. I am going to go back to it.

HTH

LynnS

I wish I knew what to charge??? In my area things don't go high so must be reasonable.

I never checked on the booth down from me. Did have a very nice layout. Some were already packaged or they would do some with a scent you wanted. I do remember if they wanted a specific scent it was a dollar more a dozen or half dozen. Roses are all they sold and kept very busy. With me and all my products I might need 2 spaces. I cannot quit my candles and other things I am doing. I want that for my return customers.

I am going to check what I paid. How many dozen I get out of my order and then consider shipping on top of that. Then come up with a reasonable cost for my area.

I now have to go to the site with all the other flowers.My friend wants orchids.

LynnS

I've seen them on here, and though they DO look very realistic via picture, just didn't really think much of them.

BUT, with my last order from NG, they sent me a free long stemmed wooden rose (scented with angel wings-angel by T. Muegler type) and they are really pretty IRL.

For those interested, you might ask NG if they will send you a sample rose.

My rose is a varigated red and yellow, very pretty.

I just hate dusting, and the thought of having these knowing with oil on them they would be even bigger dust collectors, gives me the heebie jeebies! LOL

The roses on the sites look exactly like the ones from NG.

Last year when everyone was all a-buzz about these and bought them in bulk, many weren't happy. Complaints were that the styrofoam ball in the center, which the petals are attached to, were visable. Ppl thought that they looked much less delicate in person than what the pictures portrayed. A friend here has dozens left over that were so "gaudy" looking, she was embarassed to sell them.

I got the ones from NG this past summer to 'experiment' with. They were gorgeous, and I only saw the styrofoam center on one or two. Very delicate looking, very realistic, beautiful coloring, etc. So I put FO on the tips of the petals using an art paintbrush. I set them in a bud vase on the kitchen table to see how they performed. They smelled nice for about two weeks. Every now and again I could get a whiff of rose scent. However, after about a month and a half the petals started falling off. Now I know that they're supposed to act as 'reed diffusers' and the FO would undoubtedly be absorbed into the petal somewhat. I did not use a lot of FO, I honestly just brushed the tips. I was disappointed that the petals fell off - not to mention surprised.

Like who makes these and doesn't expect us to use FO - and at varying amounts depending on the crafter's taste, right? So then why the hell aren't they tested to make sure the glue will hold up to FO? This kind of stuff just goes right through me.

FOREVER ROSES? How do I justify that to my customers?

I'm wondering if anyone else had this happen?

I am also thinking that I might do an alcohol/FO mixture and try spraying on the scent to get a more even disbursement of the scent, and a less concentrated form being applied directly to the absorbent petals...anyone try that?

I'm willing to have another go at it if only to prove that I am smarter than than glue and wood!

Good Morning everyone!!

Maybe some would be willing to do a co-op again for wood roses! Haven't seen that in the classies for quite some time, not even anyone selling wood roses. To get any sort of deal they have to be purchased in a large quantity, (like a case?) I know from research that colors can be mixed in the case so that wouldn't be a problem.

The first few sets I made up, I was also afraid the FO would melt the glue but I haven't had a problem yet. What I do is use a small spray bottle and spritz on the fragrance oil and that it!!

HTH:rolleyes2

I have one account who has my roses in their store and sells them w/o fragrance oil. Doesn't even advertise that FO is available and they sell !