Exciting news from CS

Tereasa

What is the difference of a 70/30 blend? I keep reading about it.

It's a pre-blend of 70% soy and 30% paraffin. You get the benefits of both soy and paraffin all in one ready to use wax. With the 70/30 I tried I didn't get any frosting, very few wet spots and the scent throw was amazing in almost every FO I tested. There is just enough paraffin in the blend to do away with most of the quirks that pure soy has.

That IS exciting for those of you who are closer to them-I LOVE many of their FO's but shipping of wax from them to me is heart attack inducing! LOL

Can I just say how friggin' envious of you I am, that you just drive to a great supplier?!

I can only dream about doing that! :(

Michi, forgive my geographic ignorance, but are you anywhere near Los Angeles? If so, Swans just opened a new store there.

Nope, I'm in central CA, actually closer to northern CA than southern CA. About 2 hrs. South of Sacramento and about 90 minutes south east of San Jose (silicon valley area). ;)

No wax/FO suppliers nearby! :(

SFIC is actually within driving distance-about 2hrs. From me-but that's it.

Don't mean to but in, but I was just wondering what town in Central CA. do you live? I live in Turlock. I just don't see very many people on these forums from the West Coast. They all seem to be from the east along with most of the Suppliers.

WOW we're neighbors! I'm in los banos! :D I believe there is another member here from modesto-small world huh?

• 2 weeks later...
I just don't see very many people on these forums from the West Coast. They all seem to be from the east along with most of the Suppliers.

:wave: I'm on the West coast, down here in Southern Calif.

Oh drat, I was hoping CS's new blend would be a 70/30. I love their FO's! Thanks for clearing that up, Tara.

Ok, well, I called CS...

When they first started testing the 6036, they were told by IGI it was closer to a 70/30. Apparently, since that time, IGI has reformulated it and it's now closer to a 50/50.

Also, I asked his opinion on how the wax performed and his reponse was 'good' but he needs to test it a bit more to know for sure what to expect from it.

And it's soy/vegetable btw. Doesn't IGI try to stay away from saying 'soy' and only say 'vegetable'? I know one of the companies does that...

Yes, you're correct, IGI only says paraffin/veg blend. They will not tell anyone the %s. 6006 contains about 20% soy. The 6036 is their value wax compared to their Performance & High-Performance candle waxes. 6006 & 223 fall in the hi-performance waxes. Carole

What are you talking about? I know for a fact the IGI6006 is paraffin/soy. Did you call IGI? Carole

Yes, i called IGI and spoke to a woman who told me that they didnt like how soy worked and that their blends are not soy, they are "vegetable"...

She even checked with the "technical" department...

Doesn't IGI try to stay away from saying 'soy' and only say 'vegetable'? I know one of the companies does that...

I think that was NatureWax.

I wish ALL the manufacturers would just give a general rundown (right on their website, to answer basic questions) of ingredients in order of the amount in there - ie. vegetable wax made from hydrogenated soybean oil, palm oil, cottonseed oil, soy-based handling ingredients, fairy dust - something like that. They don't even have to give percentages, or maybe just rough ones - just something to let us know generally what's in there.

AND if they are gonna reformulate a wax, they REALLY should give it another number so people who are accustomed to how the "original recipe" works won't be surprised when they order it and get the "new, improved extra wonderful" formula. That would fry my cookies!

• 2 weeks later...

"soy" is a bit of a generic term... and soy is a vegetable, along with other botanicals (cottonseed, etc.). I think IGI says vegetable to keep from divulging exactly what's in their waxes.

Think Crisco. It says on the label "vegetable oil", and I'm sure in fine print somewhere it says hydrogenated soybean oil. The terms are interchangeable.