Website Policy

I just received an email from a lady from another state that got one of my tart burners for a christmas gift from a family member that buys from me locally. She said that her tart burner seems to have a short in it and is flickering and wants me to replace it.

The lady that bought it from me to take to her in North Carolina was just telling me this morning that they had plugged in all the tart burners and were loving the tart smell and all that good stuff on christmas, and now shes emailing me weeks later saying that it doesnt work.

What would you do?

I have not made any kind of policy on my website, if I ever have a complaint I ask for the product back and I replace it. But the one other time that I had a complaint it was within 2 days. Should I replace the burner for her after this long? I no longer sell that burner so I would be at a loss replacing it with a more expensive one....Any advice?:confused:

Also how should I word a policy for my customers without scaring them away?

Well the first thing I would ask if she is sure the bulb is screwed in tight and ask if she has replaced the bulb if not try that first before the expense of returning it and repalcing it.

I would ask for the other burner back so you can check and make sure it is in fact not working.

I just received an email from a lady from another state that got one of my tart burners for a christmas gift from a family member that buys from me locally. She said that her tart burner seems to have a short in it and is flickering and wants me to replace it.

The lady that bought it from me to take to her in North Carolina was just telling me this morning that they had plugged in all the tart burners and were loving the tart smell and all that good stuff on christmas, and now shes emailing me weeks later saying that it doesnt work.

What would you do?

I have not made any kind of policy on my website, if I ever have a complaint I ask for the product back and I replace it. But the one other time that I had a complaint it was within 2 days. Should I replace the burner for her after this long? I no longer sell that burner so I would be at a loss replacing it with a more expensive one....Any advice?:confused:

Also how should I word a policy for my customers without scaring them away?

I would offer a replacement.....I would say that style is no longer in stock but you are willing to give her credit with your company for $xx (whatever it costs), she can use that to go towards the purchase of the other burner or other items.

I would make it right either with the above or a plan b if she doesnt agree.

That is a potential future customer. Word of mouth travels.

As far as a policy - it depends - I currently give 2 days on my site, but will work with a customer since issues rarely arise.

This is only my 2nd complaint and both were over tart burners (Lavine) I no longer order from them:sad2:

I am currently working on a policy for my site. Not sure how to word it since I am asking for the complaint to be made within 3 days and for them to return the item and show of receipt. Since it would be a gift they wouldnt have the receipt...hmmmm?

Mabye asking for the receipt would be a litte silly huh!

Here is an example

Returns are only accepted if there is a physical defect in the product. Please keep in mind that we are not responsible for any return shipping costs. We must be contacted by phone or e-mail before any product is returned. Returns without personal contact will not be honored. Once we have received and examined the returned product and found it to be defective you will receive a replacement in the same scent/style as your original order. We will do our best to ensure that a solution is found to any problems that may arise. We do reserve the right to refuse a return, or refuse service to anyone.

Here is an example

Returns are only accepted if there is a physical defect in the product. Please keep in mind that we are not responsible for any return shipping costs. We must be contacted by phone or e-mail before any product is returned. Returns without personal contact will not be honored. Once we have received and examined the returned product and found it to be defective you will receive a replacement in the same scent/style as your original order. We will do our best to ensure that a solution is found to any problems that may arise. We do reserve the right to refuse a return, or refuse service to anyone.

Sounds very good! Guess these kinds of things happen to the best of us! LOL

This is only my 2nd complaint and both were over tart burners (Lavine) I no longer order from them:sad2:

Unfortunately I recently ordered from them with a lot of damaged items....about 1/3 of my order. I have never had problems in the past...and they took care of my complaints this time also. I will order from them again. But I did learn to check the light/bulb, body, heat plate on each one to make sure they work. I do this with all the warmers I buy. You never know.