Quick Techniques for large candle order

Well if W'n'W doesn't want to go to Oz then I BLOODY WILL! :laugh2: I live in Kent (the garden of England :cheesy2: ) I don't have Robin Hood but I have a Tesco's up the road and a pub on every corner! Castles and stately homes galore, and we have Chavs *lol* Come see my candles, i'll leave the key under the door mat cause i'll be sunning my white arse on Bondi Beach! :D

Now, after hijacking this thread something rotten, GracieJo, I'm not going to jump down your throat but please listen to the people who are trying to tell you something here. I have been making candles a year(ish) and I am very confident in my candes. Lets face it I have been burning my own candles for that long now because I make them for me. If I sold them I wouldn't be seeing how they burn. I think you need that time burning the candles you make before you can have complete confidence in them. Can you honestly say that you don't sit there at night and think 'omg how are those candles performing? Are they smoking badly? Are those people going to come back to me and say "those candles you sold me constantly flickered"?'. Do you honestly have complete confidence in your candles being perfect?? I've given candles to close friends and family and at first they all came back with something that could be improved on, so I improved it. Thats how I learned. If you are still learning then you shouldn't be selling basically.

I do, I know my candles AND I have a website, my husband got me it for christmas because he can see how well my candles burn, but its not getting used until I get good insurance and get business minded :rolleyes2 My candles are ready...but i'm not *lol*

Anjie,x.

Guest Candelishis
So who all wants to go visit Wick'n'Wax to see her candles? :yay:

"We're men....we're men in tights".....oh...not the same Robin Hood you guys were talking about.....oh well! LOL.

Hi guys & gals,

I wanted to write back to tell you I am still here but I want to let everyone know exactly how I felt & am still feeling while reading your responses.

I came on here in hopes to make new friends & to get more involved with my craft. I have been making candles for myself & my family for almost a year. A little around 7 or 8 months now. Keeping in mind, I have been using the same wax, scents, molds, wicks & coloring this whole time. I thought 7 or 8 months was long enough of testing?:confused: So, I decided to venture out, get what I needed to start a home based business & sale to some co-workers. Am I wrong for doing this?

I am truly hurt and offended by some of the remarks that some of you made. Not only were you not willing to give me advice but you also tried repeatedly to belittle me and make me feel stupid. I can honestly say I have never cried so hard in all my life.

I am a very soft hearted, fun loving, Christian lady who treats everyone with the same respect as I would wish them to give me.

For those of you who did try to chip in and give me some good idea's and techniques, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

If anyone has any other questions for me or any ways of helping please let me know. If I shouldn't be selling them, I won't. I just thought I was ready.

Well I think what you said in your first post was a little misleading. You called yourself a newbie candle maker and it really did seem like you started right before Christmas and now wanted to sell. That is most likely what threw people off we get a lot of literally newbies that have made one batch of candles and now they think they are ready to sell.

I believe you are past the newbie stage and as long as you are confident in your product it is okay to sell. Make sure you get insurance and all your states business licensing is in order before you actually sell anything.

Hi guys & gals,

I wanted to write back to tell you I am still here but I want to let everyone know exactly how I felt & am still feeling while reading your responses.

I came on here in hopes to make new friends & to get more involved with my craft. I have been making candles for myself & my family for almost a year. A little around 7 or 8 months now. Keeping in mind, I have been using the same wax, scents, molds, wicks & coloring this whole time. I thought 7 or 8 months was long enough of testing?:confused: So, I decided to venture out, get what I needed to start a home based business & sale to some co-workers. Am I wrong for doing this?

I am truly hurt and offended by some of the remarks that some of you made. Not only were you not willing to give me advice but you also tried repeatedly to belittle me and make me feel stupid. I can honestly say I have never cried so hard in all my life.

I am a very soft hearted, fun loving, Christian lady who treats everyone with the same respect as I would wish them to give me.

For those of you who did try to chip in and give me some good idea's and techniques, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

If anyone has any other questions for me or any ways of helping please let me know. If I shouldn't be selling them, I won't. I just thought I was ready.

You are not necessarily wrong to venture out, as long as you've thoroughly tested your products. It sounds like you've been doing that. The misconception, myself included, was in your amount of experience. Coming in saying you're a Newbie and new to the craft but want help on selling will get the hackles raised here. Not only are untested candles dangerous, it hurts business for all of us small time people. Ya know, once bitten, twice shy. So our concerns are for our own self interests as well as the publics safety and wanting our other members succeed in their business by having good products. I apologize if we sounded harsh, but a newbie wanting to sell and providing no other info WILL get a response.

Good Luck. I and most others will help any way possible :)

I'm sorry for misleading you all. I meant that I was a newbie to selling my candles and having them go further than my own home or my families homes.

I am very sorry for the misunderstanding. Thank you for the advice & for understanding my point of view.

I'm sorry for misleading you all. I meant that I was a newbie to selling my candles and having them go further than my own home or my families homes.

I am very sorry for the misunderstanding. Thank you for the advice & for understanding my point of view.

Good Luck Gracie.

I do want to say - and don't take this the wrong way because you will remember this in time........

The is no time limit on how long one tests. As long as your testing has provided a great candle in your opinion, then go for it.

Some people have tested forever and some in a short amount of time, it is all based on how you want your product to be presented.

kwim?

OMG I didn't mean to upset you, I apologise hun. That's twice in as many days that I have had to apologise on here :undecided Don't know whats the matter with me, i'll keep my mouth shut in future. *lol*

I can't give you any advice on pouring big orders because I haven't had to do that yet, but you seem to have had some good advice already.

Chin up, cheer up and get pouring :P

Anjie,x.

OMG I didn't mean to upset you, I apologise hun. That's twice in as many days that I have had to apologise on here :undecided Don't know whats the matter with me, i'll keep my mouth shut in future. *lol*

I can't give you any advice on pouring big orders because I haven't had to do that yet, but you seem to have had some good advice already.

Chin up, cheer up and get pouring :P

Anjie,x.

Apologies and advice well taken!:cheesy2:

You guys are great! Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

I'm on my way for more answers to different types of wax now... ttfn:wave: