Help me pick a soap mold...

ah-soy

Thanks everyone. Got an email from him Wednesday evening saying I should have the USPS tracking number by the end of the day. Well here is it 12:24 a.m. and guess what..........no tracking number. I don't get it. I agree completely if it states on etsy that he has "1 available" then dang it, it should be available for them to go in, get it off the shelf and get it in the mail. I understand that with the problems they have had with the tornados that could very well cause a delay and he told me that it had, but assured me it would ship on Tuesday. Now it's Thursday and apparently it still hasn't been mailed. I had read so many nice things about his molds on this board I thought I would give him a try even though he had some negative feedback on esty about how slow he is to ship. I just hope the mold is worth it in the end. Thanks for letting me vent (my husband appreciates it too - that means I'm not bending his ear over this, lol).:wave:

Kim L

Well Gee, ya ordered it ON Christmas and it been less than a month! MOST of the mold maker were just crushed by huge amounts of orders during the holidays. The man had some very serious surgery as well as a tornado and he wants a moment to catch his breath to recover! At least he's communicated with you. Life happens and you need to just peel back and wait for your mold! Geeze! I guess it's a very good thing you didn't order from Soap Hutch! He's just getting his October and early November orders out to his clients! He's snowed under with orders!Quality takes time and nature came in and messed with Paul's timing! Sorry but it happens!:rolleyes2

Fire

Well Gee, ya ordered it ON Christmas and it been less than a month! MOST of the mold maker were just crushed by huge amounts of orders during the holidays. The man had some very serious surgery as well as a tornado and he wants a moment to catch his breath to recover! At least he's communicated with you. Life happens and you need to just peel back and wait for your mold! Geeze! I guess it's a very good thing you didn't order from Soap Hutch! He's just getting his October and early November orders out to his clients! He's snowed under with orders!Quality takes time and nature came in and messed with Paul's timing! Sorry but it happens!:rolleyes2

Fire

Hmmm...maybe you are not seeing this from the same perspective that Kim and I are. We bought from Etsy. Now, when I bought mine, it said "1 available". Now, in *MY* mind, that means, one is made, sitting on a shelf. Period. If it wasn't, it would say something like "made to order" or "custom built for you".

According to Paul's Etsy site, they had the tornados on the 8th and they pulled all their Etsy listings....the closest tornado to him was a mile away. They had some debris damage and when they were all recovered from that, THEN he would list his stuff back on the Etsy site. Stuff was relisted just a few days later. So, apparently they recovered quickly. I don't know anything about any surgery, never saw any posting about one.

So yeah.....the listing I bought from says "Please allow 10 to 14 working business days after your order for us to pull your order, pack your order securely for shipping, and for the USPS to pick up your order from our shop."...now personally....MY OPINION is that it shouldn't take 10-14 business days (or around 3 calendar weeks) to get a mold off the shelf, put it in a box, slap a label on it and schedule a pickup with USPS. If it said "create your mold, pack your order, etc etcc...", then yeah, I can see that.

On one hand you would think with all the negatives about how long it would take to ship, that he would try to improve his turn around or streamline or something.

In the end...we are voicing our OPINIONS. Please do not tell us to "peel back and wait for (our) molds". That really chapped my hide.

I'll be climbing off this soapbox now...anyone one else wanna use it??

Donna

I looked at the Soap Hutch Molds....they really look nice...

but the are on the expensive side...especially when you don't have a business. But that does not mean that some day I just might break down and buy one...

Hope everyone gets their Tog molds.

I have the 12/24 and so far I really like it..

You know, I don't have many complaints about Rich and his molds. Pretty much feel they're worth the expense and he'll custom make for you as well. I'm quite happy with my 4 lb log and 25 bar slab mold and can't stand the thought of seeing him again and thinking I "must" have the next thing ... but then there a few of his molds that I still wish I had ... hopeless!

TOG's surgery was before the Etsy store was ever put on line so that one doesn't wash with me. I am a firm believer that truth will win out in the end. I had rather be told in the beginning if something is in stock or being made to order, then I know how to plan accordingly. If someone tells me to expect shipping on the 10th and it's not shipped but a lame excuse is given then that's the end of my trust in this supplier.

When I ordered my first Kelsei, I didn't read the home page that clearly stated that they were on vacation, I emailed Rita and asked when I didn't hear back in a couple of days and boy did I ever feel stupid. She did give me an estimated ship date and it was actually shipped a couple of days early. That is the kind of service along with great product that keeps me ordering from any supplier.

Thanks Donna for use of the soap box, now I will turn it over to someone else.

You folks are terrible!! :laugh2:

I got so excited about molds I went to eBay to check some out. Ended up winning a bid on a mold, slicer box thingy and cutter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260202140698

Going back to reading my Soapers Companion book. I'm getting in to much trouble reading these posts. LOL At least I can stop saving boxes in case they might work for molds.