Hair and body protein mist V.s luxury body spray

*Dee*

ok i need some opinions here, has anyone tried either the protein mist from BCN or the luxury spray from Wholesale supplies ?

i like the idea of BCN's cuz you can spray your hair as well..

so if anyoen has used either of these can you give me your opinion on them, pro's and con's of them.. do either of them make your skin sticky when you apply it ?

IMO - the BCN is very cloudy - to the extent that you would not want to put it in a clear bottle - and i didn't like it - I gave some to a friend to try it - she wasn't at all impressed either.....

WSP - luxury bath spray can also be used on your hair and it is 100% clear - is not sticky and I love it - really easy to ad scent & color.

Hope this helps,

Sheila:yay:

I have & use WSP's & like it alot. The only thing is you need to add more than .5% fo load to it. I have to use between 2% - 3% fo or else it is way too weak. Other than that, it is great & I make alot of it. (btw, the spray at the candle source is supposedly the same stuff, although I've never tried it).

I have both the one from BCN and WSP's but I actually like the one from The Candlemakers Store better. It can hold a higher fragrance load (up to 9%) than the other 2 and stays clear. Plus you can use it as linen spray too! But make sure you test it because it did not work for at least 1 fragrance I tried with it, no matter what % I used. Even 3% wouldn't mix in for some reason!

• 4 weeks later...

ok im bringing this thread back up.. for wsp's luxury spray it says .5 % f/o per 16 ounces... which would be 1/2 teaspoon for 16 ounces .. can i do 1/2 teaspoon for 8 ounce cuz the 1/4 tsp doesnt scent it much ... so i would be basically doubling the F/O from .5 % to 1 % is that ok or does it seem like to much ?

I too, go over the suggested .5% FO load on the WSP mist. I always do 2.5%-3%. But .5% is supposedly the suggested average amount, but I was told we can go higher, depending on the strength of the FO we are using, but not to exceed 3%. (I also use it for body & hair too.)

As for using the Candlemakers Store's body/linen spray base: the 9% FO load is only if you are making a linen/room spray. If you are making it as a body spray, it's up to 3% fo load.

I also go over the "recommended" amount, BUT I have a white cotton pack of T-shirts, that I spray with each FO to make sure it won't stain. If they don't separate, and after 1 week the white cotton is still white, I consider it acceptable. I go with .1 oz of FO per 8 oz of Luxury Spray (which BTW, from WSP is absolutely AWESOME!) and that works out to.... umm.. 1.25%... I think... I hate percentage! :) I always go by weight once I get it.

lol i can never figure out percentages either .. so i was happy to see that wsp's said 1/2 teaspoon for 16 ounces lol ...

so what is 3% for an 8 ounce bottle lol ....

but anyway i am guessing the 1 % for the 8 ounce bottle isok then, soooooo 1/2 teaspoon ! ithink i got this right haha

ok this is wha i figured out tell me if i am wrong or not... they are saying .5 % for 16 ounces is 1/2 tsp.... so to make it for an 8 ounce bottle this is what i am comming up with

.5 % = 1/4 tsp

1%= 1/2 tsp

1.5 % = 3/4 tsp

2% = 1 tsp

2.5 % = 1 1/4 tsp

3 % = 1 1/2 tsp..

does this seem right??

i think the 1/2 tsp - 3/4 tsp scents 8 ounces well ..