water in my wax

I have just made the classic candle making mistake for the first time. I poured water into my wax pot instead of in my double boiler pot. I feel real stupid, because I uaually catch myself. What damage does this do? Will I have to throw the entire batch out? Please help.

No, you don't have to dumb it. The water will settle/puddle at the bottom so you can gently pour or dip out the wax into another container and stop before you get to the bottom. If you haven't colored the wax it's easy to see where the water is, if it is colored you may lose an ounce or two. (You didn't say how much water you poured into the wax = if it was a whole bunch then just make sure you pour/dip gently so as not to mix it up too much.)

I thought that if I just let the wax cool that the water would run off like it does with my ice candles, NOT, it just became one big hard compound, water and all. Is this wax useless now?:confused:

Very slowly remelt it, water and all, giving only a little heat at a time, so that the wax and water separates, once it's all heated again, let it cool another time and follow Pam's advice.

I thought that if I just let the wax cool that the water would run off like it does with my ice candles, NOT, it just became one big hard compound, water and all. Is this wax useless now?:confused:

Remelt your wax and pour it off into a pan, lined with aluminum or wax paper. Let it set up. The water should sink to the bottom and/or will be near the bottom that you can poke holes into cavities and release it.

You'll still need to pat the wax dry when you peal it off the aluminum or wax paper.

You will see the water at the bottom of the pot if you remelt. You can pour off till you get to there also and just toss the rest too.