Olive Oil Wax Candles????

Call Swans and ask them. It might be their own blend or it might be something as simple as adding a hardener or something, that's normally used to harden candle wax to it melts slower. I can't find anything, other than that one place.

I bought one of these candles from OV scented in Cinnamon Creme Brule. Loved the scent, it started out burning pretty good but then tunneled real bad and smoked big time. I really liked the black jar it came in so I think I'm just going to melt it down and re-use the jar just for my self. As far as I'm concerned there not worth the money they charge for them at all.

HTH, Cindy/WI

http://www.thelampstand.com/oloilca.html?gclid=CMewmpbw35ACFRcdsgodaAIWYA

What on earth is this? Old Virginia is claiming that their olive oil candles burn cleaner than soy.

• 2 weeks later...
I just ordered one of these candles. Looked interesting.

I have no idea how they solidified Olive oil. Cool concept.

I'm sure they are mostly soy with just a small % of olive oil. I make my own blend with C3 and olive oil for a "picky" customer! The OO doesn't effect the burn at all if you keep the % down.

Also, Cindy, I'm sure they use BLACK jars because the olive oil tends to leave a bit of soot on the jar...especially if you use too much...so with those pretty jars, you won't see it.

It is mfg by Accu-Blend and basically Swan's is the only place on the West Coast to buy it.