Somebody please help....

OK what is going on? After testing for 2 mos and uisng 50 lbs GB GW444 from Candles and supplies my candles looked beautiful. I loved the wax....overall great results so I ordered another 50 lbs from Peak and now look at them......:angry2: . I did not change a thing. Then I tried six different batches, changin FO, colors, pour temp, and they all look AWFUL. I think my wax is defective. I called Peak but havenot heard back anyone else had this problem. I managed to improve the tops some by pouring at 110 but the whole reason I love this wax at first was I could pour at 145-150. I want to order some more but I am hesistant. I do not want to order wax to get different results with each batch.....anyone know what is going on? Click on the pics for a larger view.

th_IMG_0137.jpg

th_IMG_0136.jpg

th_IMG_0049.jpg

I have had this happen with 415 and that is why I am testing now.....I am impressed so far with cb advanced,alot of ppl don't like this wax..but I have been getting perfect tops, very creamy texture and if cured for a few days great throw..I am still testing and will be for a while as I am reconstructing my line...I have tested 444 a couple weeks ago and liked it also..but GB brands so far too unpredictable. It makes it very hard when you have wholesale accounts and retail orders!:angry2:

It looks to me that the fo eats up the wax..that is ONLY my opinion..Did you pour at a slushy stage? I can't remember everything you wrote..sorry..:sad2: Hopefully Peaks will help you out...why did you switch companies? I get my 444 from C&S also.Good Luck..

Kimmeroo

I only ordered from Peak since the shipping was a little cheaper and I found something else on that site so basically to make my shipping count. I almost think this is the wrong wax. In order to get halfway decent tops I have to pour at 110 and even then they look sick. My first box I was pouring at 140-155 and my candles were beautiful:confused: . Does anyone else have problems with GB? IS the wax quality not consistent?

oh yeah one more thing heat guns make it worse, I mean a lot worse. I heat gunned the bottom pic and see the large hole around the wick.... I am so disgusted.

I tried Eco SoyAdvanced and so far they look great but I will say the cold throw is nothing like GB 444. I am waiting a another week or so to see if they have a Hot throw.

That one to the right in the cream colored heat gunned one. It looks partially smooth with a ring of cottage cheese in the center. Did you zap that with the heat gun too? It's weird how the outter ring is smooth and the middle is funky.

Vio, nope that one was not heat gunned, it just cooled that way too....

Ok everyone I need your opinion....what would you do? Should I order another batch of GW 444 hoping it was a fluke or should I move on to test another wax. I was thinking of trying Eco Soya advanced but was wondering if it has a good scent throw? Anyone tried BCS ez soy??

you guys are right about this candle making....right when you think you got it.....SURPRISE.

I'd call up your GW rep and ask them what advice they have as far as this batch goes. Explain what you're experiencing and you used a different batch and didn't have the problem. Just see what they have to say. I had to call to ask when I was thinking about using 444 and spoke to Jason or Justin I think his name was. Very nice guy. He might be able to help somehow or at least give you a hint if you should chance your time with this wax anymore. I'm not an expert but I'd call them and ask just for the heck of it. Email picts even and see what they say. It could be a bad batch, who knows?

I don't know if this is a bad batch or not but I would make sure that you at least have the tag off the bag. It should have the batch number on it. This way you can tell whoever you talk to what batch it was from.

Good luck on whatever you find out.

yes I was seriously thinking of emailing Jason..... let me see if I can find his info....I would rather not change up wax and have to start all over on testing wicks, fo, etc..... but I may have to.

Look on the Golden Brands site. I got the phone number there, and when they learned where I lived and what wax I was asking about, they sent me to his phone.

Yep, that happened to me too but the heat gun helped the problems with the tops. I thought I was a pro with my first 50# batch of 444. Then on my second and third 50 pounders I've had trouble with the tops. They continue to have an awesome cold and hot throw so I'm sticking with the 444 and zapping the heck out of the tops.

HTH, Shine