JS ultimate vanilla

anpross

I'm having a time with this one. It smelled great OOB, but no hot throw unless you are right on top of it. I'd heard nothing but good things about this vanilla. Do you all have to wick up with it? I'm using 4630 in 8 oz jj. Any advice would be helpful:)

I'm surprised you're not getting a good throw with it. :undecided You are using the same wax as ME also, wierd. What wicks are you using?

I really thought I was going to have to wick up on it (after reading about others doing so with vanillas and "spicy" scents) so when I made my testers I used the sizes I would normally and then also a size up, and when I test burned, the ones with sizes I normally use with others scents worked perfectly with the UV. ;)

I like REALLY strong candles though, and vanilla being one of my all time fav. scents year round, I think I'm gonna up the FO to 9% (from 6%) just so it'll knock my socks off. :D

ok recieved mine today and i made a 16 oz bottle of shower gel with 3/4 tsp of fo and it smells kind of light to me but ill check it again tomorrow when its settled more. I wanted it for my b&b line and im hoping it gets stronger. Will update tomorrow. Lin

Thanks for all your input. I used 1oz/ppw with the 44z wicks. I have been pleased with these so far. I did find that with this and with Peaks apple jack peel my flame burns smaller, but they just don't blow me away. I'm starting to wonder if it is me? My friend took one home and said it was great. I guess I will try it again today and see what happens.

Which 44z's are you using? I have a small container (5 oz) that I use and I also found that when using either a 44-24 or 44/28 that the apple jack & peel has a small flame. :confused:

I'd never think of putting anything bigger than the 44/28 in this container as I don't want it to get too hot, so I'm just using this even though it has the smaller flame it still throws really well. ;)

Took a shower with the shower gel i made with this and its a very nice fo but i find it very mild as far as the smell. Tried to add a little extra to help but it thins the gel out to much. Guess ill call this a soft vanilla,lol. Made a 9oz hex candle but im waiting a couple days before burning it so it cures a little before testing it. I used j-223 and a 51z wick and will post results when i test. Lin