Need creative idea to change

Guest Candelishis

When I was a little kid, we made some sort of craft project at school out of baby food jars, and I remember painting stuff on them, and then spraying lacquer on them to make them shiny and protect the paint job. We did them more than once, and I know that one project was for mother's day and I painted flowers on my momma's. I think decoupage would work too. You could do some cool stuff with that, and I don't think it would catch fire. (But don't quote me on that...LOL!)

You can put anything you want on the lid of your baby jar...after all, the lid is not on when you're burning your candle, so you don't have to worry about using flammable materials. My sister fills 9 oz hex jars with all different types of natural materials, i.e., stones, shells, sea glass, potpourri, etc., and then adds a decorative piece on top like quilled or painted plaster flowers or whatever else happens to come to her very creative mind. Look though some craft books to get some ideas, I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something by looking at what other people have done.

Decoupage can be done w/ Mod Podge & we all seal containers w/ it, so I really can't see how that would be a fire risk. I have some beautiful rice paper that I'm going to use on flower pot votives w/ Mod Podge as the sealer, so I'll let you know if anything disastrous happens!

Susan.

Decoupage sounds like a great idea. You could even decoupage your logo or company name on the lid. Or the candle scent name. Since the candle won't be lit while the lid is on, I can't see where it would be a problem. I'd probably stop at the bottom edge of the lid and not go under it just to make sure the lid still screwed on.

This place is full of such creative people!

You can paint them with spray paint and glue almost anything to them...tiny flowers, buttons, little painted wooden decos. I worked for Delta Paints years ago and since the founder started the company storing paint in baby food jars, he insisted that we found many ways to decorate the jars and lids for the trade shows. Buttons and pearl beads were always well liked in the craft industry back then. Mosaic looking beads would be really pretty.