Custom Air Fresheners- Help!

bravo5

Not sure where to post this- please move if it's in the wrong place!

I want to make some custom air fresheners for last minute Christmas gifts- customized with text and photos. They are for family, so I won't be selling them. I have some of the cardboard air freshener blanks to use, but am not sure exactly what to do to get the photos on them. I have some sheets of iron-on paper that's used for fabrics- the avery brand. Will these work? I've found discussions of making these with iron on paper, just don't know if it's the same kind.

I also have some sheets of water slide decals, but I don't see these working as it needs water. In a pinch, I was thinking of just printing on paper and glueing it on, but I don't know if it'll even stick.

Help! I'd like to make these later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thank you so much!

I have the standard iron on paper, so I'll make some tomorrow. My niece turned 16 this year and is getting an almost-new car for Christmas from her grandparents (lucky!!!), so I got the idea to make her some custom car air fresheners... lame I know compared to the actual CAR... but this is more in my budget... LOL

Thanks again!

• 6 months later...

LaVida - Iron on the image first. Otherwise, you burn your scent off. I tried it both ways.

The steps I used:

1) punch hole in top with a mega hole puncher

2) iron on image

3) paint on FO (I used a kid's paintbrush from my daughter's assortment)

4) Let scent soak in for a bit

5) package

LaVida - Iron on the image first. Otherwise, you burn your scent off. I tried it both ways.

The steps I used:

1) punch hole in top with a mega hole puncher

2) iron on image

3) paint on FO (I used a kid's paintbrush from my daughter's assortment)

4) Let scent soak in for a bit

5) package

thank you so much for your help. I have to go get a mega hole puncher. ugh.... so I don't have to wait all day long for the fragrance to set in and dry a bit... cool....

That's how I did my custom cardboard air fresheners but I didn't use a mega hole puncher. I use a yarn needle that has a sort of blunt point. I put the freshener down on my counter on top of a hot pad and sort of wiggle the needle until it gets started, push it through, turn the thing over and the eye end push against the hot pad against the counter and it goes right through. This way I don't have a hole bigger than the cording I use to hang them. I think it looks neater and less chance of the freshener tearing around a bigger hole.