Gb444

I have purchased several 10lb.boxes of different soy and palm waxes..

my question for this wax(gb444) is..can you still add USA seeing it already has some in it?

I ran across this in the search...GB444 is pretty much 98% GB415 and 2% UVA.

I just poured 2 8oz.sq.masons w/JS winter spice...am letting them set as we

speak.

TIA....Kimmeroo

Maybe we can experiment together. My 444 should be here tomorrow. I've used 464 and 415. The 464 didn't quite have the HT I was looking for but was easy to wick. The 415...well, I just don't have the patience to wait for the slushy stage and had trouble wicking it. I'm hoping the 444 will be somewhere in between.

Would you mind sharing what size wicks you're trying in the Mason Jar? I used a RRD 50 when pouring the 464 and a RRD 37 with JJ's. Tomorrow I'll be trying the Premier 700 series with the 444. I must be crazy. New wax AND new wicks. Scheech...I hope I'm still standing at the end of the day. :undecided

Sorry I can't help with the USA. Someone who knows way more than I can help with that.

Hey Arlene!

I srarted out w/a cd14...I haven't lit it yet..prolly tomorrow or next day.I will keep you posted!

Kimmeroo

thumbnmail.png

Here is a pic of the top! I think it turned out nice! I have ti lite it yet....will keep you posted.

Just click on the red x...

OK...I did it...I lit the 444 candle early this morning..the scent throw is awesome even tho I didn't let it cure only overnite! it is on it's 3rd hour and there is full melt pool....YAY!!! I will take a pic soon and edit it onto this page!

Kimmeroo

When I was first researching waxes, the one that looked the best to me through all my research, was the 444. Until I realized I should go with C-3 because I can get it locally, my choice was 444 because it's supposed to be a higher melt point and has a 9-11% fragrance load capability. The 464 is lower at 7-9%.

I don't remember seeing when reading others comment, and how they use the 444, that it needed any USA. Unless I didn't do my research correctly, this wax has the highest load ability right out of the box, of any soy container wax. I could be wrong.

Hey Arlene!

I srarted out w/a cd14...I haven't lit it yet..prolly tomorrow or next day.I will keep you posted!

Kimmeroo

thumbnmail.png "]thumbnmail.png

This is the fugly tops w/415...this is good compared to some other scents I use..this scent is dutch apple pie..the lady wanted red but I got mauve had to do the whole batch over...ugh!

Here is a pic of the top! I think it turned out nice! I have ti lite it yet....will keep you posted.

Just click on the red x...

We'll try this link thing again!

Here is the melt pool for 3hrsthumbnmail.png

I'm so glad you're getting good results right off the bat. UPS won't get here until late this afternoon so I'm doing all I can to have patience. Just for my own curiosity I'm going to use a FO that didn't do very well in the old stuff. I want to know if the 444 does better with HT. For my proven throwers...well, I'm having hard time deciding which one I want to use. I have a feeling this 10lbs. is going to go pretty quick.

I wasn't able to see the pic's of the 415. Hmmm. At least you got a picture posted. I haven't figured that out yet. Maybe someone else here can help us out.

Looks like we have another tester for 444. Hi wicked1. Let us know how it's going for you. Fingers are crossed.

• 1 month later...

I have been working with GB415 for over a year now, so far I like it for tarts but trying to wick this stuff has been a PITA not to mention ugly tops in between burns and too much hang up. Reading through this post has encouraged me to try 444 or 464, not sure wich one yet...any input on these two waxes and wicking them compared to 415 would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently testing with CD wicks.

TIA :)

I'm back to the 444 too, mainly because of the ct/ht. I had issues with ugly tops but i have learned that if i pour at 100 degrees I can tolerate. I wish the 444 would go back to smooth tops for me but maybe when it gets warm again.... The 415 frosts way too much. 464 is equally as good as the 444 IMO but def. wick down for me.....

I also wondered about the USA....I posted this same question on another board and did not get one reply....(slow board and noone seems to use 444)

I have been unsuccessful with single wicking 415 in any container between 2 1/2" to 3 1/8" in diam, no scent/no color. I recently found out that 444 is 415 only with 2% USA. Does this additive really make this wax easier to work with as far as wicking, smoother tops, etc...? Does anyone know if 464 is easier to work with as far as wicking goes because of the lower mp? Looks like I'll be getting some of the 444 and 464 to try out.

Kimmeroo, I couldn't get any of your images to work...

The url is not formed correctly - either it needs to start with http:// or, to display inline, it needs an %7Boption%7D tag fore and aft with a / before the final img

BUT if yours look anything like Arlene's,

MAN do those look SMOOTH! Good job, Arlene!

How are the test burns going? Any frosting?

Yep..mine looks just like Arlenes! i do like the 444 and I haven't had any frosting yet...Test burns are doing great..i use a cd 14 in an 8oz. sq. mason usually..haven't had to wick up yet but am anticipating it witht he heavier fo's.Thanks for the advice Stella(about the pics) I am really a computer dummy.Maybe someday I will get it right.:rolleyes2

Kimmeroo:smiley2: