Mushrooming, Wax, etc.

jmd

Hi all- I currently use 44-32-18Z wicks with igi 6006 in 8 oz. containers. I recently moved to Boston, and have a couple questions.

1. What causes the wick to mushroom? Are there other wicks i could be using that wouldn't smoke or mushroom as much?

2. How is everyone liking Peaks new container waxes? Any reviews anyone would like to share?

3. Does anyone live on the East Coast and do they have a reputable wax carrier they use? I hate to pay in shipping what I am paying in wax since I live far from Colorado.

Thanks in advance.

JMD

Mushrooms happen when the wick soaks up material that it doesn't completely burn, so it accumulates as a black carbon blob. It can happen to any wick that's mismatched to the situation, but zincs are notorious for it because they're not good at burning stuff which unfortunately is their job. Any other wick should offer an improvement.

If you are willing to adopt a proprietary line of wax from a supplier, Candlewic is the biggest in that game. They're in PA and have good prices for shipping and the wax itself, as well as a full line of every imaginable type of wax one might need.

If you'd rather stick to what you're using and other name brand waxes, CandleScience in NC is excellent.

Hi all- I currently use 44-32-18Z wicks with igi 6006 in 8 oz. containers. I recently moved to Boston, and have a couple questions.

1. What causes the wick to mushroom? Are there other wicks i could be using that wouldn't smoke or mushroom as much?

2. How is everyone liking Peaks new container waxes? Any reviews anyone would like to share?

3. Does anyone live on the East Coast and do they have a reputable wax carrier they use? I hate to pay in shipping what I am paying in wax since I live far from Colorado.

Thanks in advance.

JMD

Hi,

I found the cd wicks worked better for me in the 6006. Usually cd10 or 12.

Julie