Rustic Escentuals Issy Miyake

NattyCat

Hi All

I bought some of this FO from RE based upon their description, which was:

Issey Miyake

Soap-N-Candles formulation

L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme will give you hot flashes and heart palpitations! Heady, invigorating, yet fresh and eclectic. Base notes of Verbena, Tangerine, Cypress, and Yuzu Zest set the stage for a sexy middle of Coriander, Clary Sage, Geranium Bourbon, Blue Water Lily, Nutmeg, Saffron, with a memorable dry down of Ceylon Cinnamon Bark, Amber Tobacco, Vetiver, Sandalwood, and Musk. We say memorable for a reason... men and women both claim this aphrodisiac scent for their own! We know you have tried every version of Issey out there! We know you expected "boyfriend in a bottle", but didn't get it! We sent this intoxicating favorite men's fragrance directly to the perfumer to get what you are looking for. When your customers ask you for "ISSEY", you know where to get it!

Well I just poured it for the first time in soy AND paraffin as well as parasoy and I'm telling you, it is SO wrong - it couldn't be further from Issy Miyake if it tried.

I wear Issy Female, my husband wear's Issy Male and both my sisters wear Issy female - we LOVE it and know exactly what it smells like.

My god, even the cheapy grade from SOS smells better and closer than this does? I'm wondering if I got a duff bottle. I cannot stress just how wrong this oil is, there is not even the tiniest whiff of Issy in this bottle.

So - does anyone else have this oil who are Issy lovers and KNOW what it's supposed to smell like?

I'm in the UK so it's going to be a bugger to send it back if I've got a duff one, but based upon their rave description of the scent, I'm better off spending a lot less on the SOS cheapy than this, quite frankly, bottle of weak oil that smells a bit like pee.

And while we're on the subject - I also got the J Lo Glow - and I can barely detect ANY scent OOB, even if I shove my nose right in the bottle and seal the other nostril with my finger, this oil is so weak OOB that I just know it is going to be crap in soy.

This is my first ever order from RE and so far I'm bitterly disappointed - I thought they were a good company and their oils were top notch? Perhaps I'm just unlucky and got the bottom of the barrel stuff.

I reckon I must have a dud. I absolutely adore this scent and when the bottle arrived and I sniffed OOB i thought..."hmm..that's not very good" but you can NEVER tell what an oil is like truly OOB, so I put it in wax and it's just so wrong.

It has a slight perfume smell - none of the knockout and instantly recognisable scent of the aftershave...when a man walks past you wearing it you just inhale and you want to follow him just to keep sniffing, but this oil is just bland, slightly cologne-like and the same goes for the J Lo.

Just poured the J Lo Glow from RE. It has no throw. I mean NO throw. I did a dipped bear in it also and then used a pipette to drip neat oil onto the bear to try and increase the scent, but it just doesn't smell.

I refuse to send this to a customer with just a feint perfume aroma so need to figure out why they're not getting the dipped bear they want to give as a xmas gift.

One to avoid in soy I believe. Am SO disappointed.

I'll be truly honest, when I first started out making candles, tarts, bears, I tried a handful of scents from RE and I couldn't get a throw out of any of them. They were weak in the bottle and weak in my soy. I thought maybe it was just me but I asked other "impartial" noses and they could not smell either. So, I tried in b&b figuring it was just my wax (I use EZ soy), but I couldn't get much of a smell in b&b either. Not sure if I just picked some duds or what. I do like some other things from them... I've found enough other places that i really LOVE, LOVE, LOVE so I don't really need to order from them. I may try them out again the next time I need their bags for the dipped critters.

HTH,

Heather