Organza Bags

MochaMama

Hi all:

I know you'll have the answer for me on this one. I am in Central NJ and need the large organza bags like yesterday. I am pretty sure that both Michaels and ACMoore carry them, but has anyone had any luck finding them at WalMart??

I need about 20 and I'm not too choosy about the color. I'd rather go to Wal-Mart because I'm pretty sure I can also pick up the hang tags to go on the bags.

Thanks in advance.

Have you called them? Not all Wal-Mart's carry the same items. Some Wal-Mart's have completely done away with their craft/fabric departments.

I've called them once before...let's just say they're less than helpful. I know that they do have a craft dept. I was just wondering if anyone else had seen the bags there, that's all.

mine too. in the bridal section too. they are a little spendy at almost 40 cents each, but worth it if you needed them yesterday.

a lot of the super walmarts still carry the craft depts. don't have a "regular" walmart around here so I couldn't tell you if they still have craft depts. or not.

hope you find some.

Heather

edited to add www.yourorganzabag.com has awesome prices for the next time you need organza bags. I've used them and definately would reccomend them to anyone.

mine too. in the bridal section too. they are a little spendy at almost 40 cents each, but worth it if you needed them yesterday.

a lot of the super walmarts still carry the craft depts. don't have a "regular" walmart around here so I couldn't tell you if they still have craft depts. or not.

hope you find some.

Heather

edited to add www.yourorganzabag.com has awesome prices for the next time you need organza bags. I've used them and definately would reccomend them to anyone.

Oh, thank you so much for the link! I am going to add the to my favorites. Also, my Walmart does have a wedding section, so hopefully I'll get there tomorrow (not sure with all this snow they're predicting).

Yah, 40 cents is a bit, but hey, like you said, I need 'em now!!

Thanks all!

In a pinch like you are, I'd get some chiffon fabric, cut rectangles, fold them over, sew down one side, across the fold on the bottom, up the other side, then turn them inside out so the seams are on the inside. Then tie ribbon around the open top to close. The ribbon won't be threaded thru the bags, but hey, it'll still look nice. Then go back to your regular ones when you can.

Darbla

Ugh! Someone got to Walmart before me.....the bags at ACMoore (the large, 4x5 bags) were 99 cents, yes, 99 cents apiece. Luckily, the color I wanted, silver, were 1/2 price, (.49) and I got 10% off.

Sooooooo, it turned out ok. But, I am placing an order before the end of the year for more bags for next year....don't want to get caught out again.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

Heather

Heather, do you know if these are the ones that have tags stuck on them - I really don't like those....lol I received some through the classies that I love...nice, long ties that easily can be tied on the car mirror, etc. and no scanner sticky tag attached.

Thanks for your help!

Jane

Heather, do you know if these are the ones that have tags stuck on them - I really don't like those....lol I received some through the classies that I love...nice, long ties that easily can be tied on the car mirror, etc. and no scanner sticky tag attached.

Thanks for your help!

Jane

Tags? Do you mean the little annoying white tags that are sewn into the drawstring area? No, there are absolutely NO tags on these whatsoever. They are the exact same ones you get at walmart or other places. It is just the organza bag with the drawstring ribbon about 1/2 inch from the top.. I use the white, ivory, gold and silver colored ones and then color my beads for a dramatic look. Plus, then I don't have to have 100 different colors on hand to match the beads. I also like to use 2 different colors of beads-like when I do cranberry orange I do part red and part orange. It looks very pretty!!

Edited to add that the "strings" on here aren't the really long ones like I think you are talking about. They are tied together on each end, you cinch the bag closed, then I tie around the opening for "safety" and then hang them from the "clothes" hooks usually found in a vehicle. I do have some of those more "handmade" type ones that have super long ribbons and aren't tied together. I personally like the "drawstring" type ones that are tied together as the ribbons are really long. You could cut them to fit and tie them too though.

hth,

Heather

You're welcome. Glad I could help. I stumbled upon them looking for some bags that were made of fabric (of which I have yet to discover a site that has more than 2-3 patterns for under 60 cents.) I did find one site that has some camoflauge ones i really love, but i'd love to find one that did a bunch of different fabrics. I know a person can make them, but i think it would be so time consuming, especially since I have such limited time to do/make things in the first place.

Heather

Does anyone know what size you would get for bath bombs? I'm going to make the large ones and use the plastic ornaments you get at Christmas. I have been stumped as to what packaging to use for these. I was in Bath Junkie the other day and they use organza bags for their large bath bombs. Just wanted to check here before I bought one to measure the size of the organza bags........Thanks in advance.