Peak Candle Tins

Has anyone used the 8 oz and 16 oz tins from Peak? Or any size for that matter. I am wondering if anyone has had a problem with rust in the Peak tins? There are tins out there that will rust with Vanilla-y FOs.

Aztec has awesome tins that do not rust - but their largest size is 8 oz.

Thanks!

MW

Sorry, but I always buy my tins from Aztec and they do rust also. Depending on the FO, I've had some citrus and vanilla FO's cause rust. I've been doing 2 coats of Modge Podge and it has cut out a lot of the rusting issues. :cool2:

I think they all have the tendency to rust given the type of FO that is used-yep the vanilla and citrus types do rust the Peak's tins as well.

Hmm never thought about using the modge podge in the tins, I use it in my terra cotta pots (for candles) though, I'll have to try that, thanks.

Has anyone used the 8 oz and 16 oz tins from Peak? Or any size for that matter. I am wondering if anyone has had a problem with rust in the Peak tins? There are tins out there that will rust with Vanilla-y FOs.

Aztec has awesome tins that do not rust - but their largest size is 8 oz.

Thanks!

MW

yep i have had this problem with vanilla FOs and with Cinnamon FOs.

It doesn't appear to be rust but rather an intense discoloration. I've never had any "rust" through or get flaky/chippy. I've got some old Vanilla Bean Noel candles, got the fo from what's her name, the one who had the best before Wendy came along. She went out of business 3 or 4 years ago. They aren't damaged, rust-wise, just ugly. It's ugly and looks like rust, but does no harm to the candle or the way it burns.

I simply explain to customers that vanilla fo causes the discoloration. They don't seem to care. I wouldn't want to put them out on wholesale, but for my own sales where I can explain, it doesn't seem to matter.

I've tried modge podging and it helps but not enough to make it worth the effort.

www.SunshineWaxWorks.com

lol - that's a hoot.

I am surprised that people are getting rust in Aztec's tins though - because I never have. I have two Vanilla scents and many spicy scents and not one has rusted. Hmmmmm...

OK - I think I'll just give Peak's 16 oz a try and see what happens. Thanks for the feedback!

Marr

Marr, it's not the tin/fo combination that causes the discoloration. It's the wax/tin/fo combination. I get no discoloration with 6006 and it's the only paraffin wax that does not discolor in all of my testing. Some soys will not discolor. What wax do you use? Carole