bb&w ultimate silk body lotion

mcornwell

isn't it wonderful. if i do i will let you know. it is my new adventure (obsession).lol so if anyone knows or has some suggestions let me know. i have did a search and it was crazy. not to good at using the search here. get way to many replies and not what i am looking for. tia

Sure do. they are:

water/ cyclomethicon,dimethicone crosspolymer,detydodecanol, stearic acid, fo, glyceryl, polymethacrylate, glyceryl stearate SE, isopropyl palmitate, sunflower seed oil, avacodo oil,sweet almond oil, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, evening primrose flower extract, meadowsweet extract, viola oderata flower/leaf extract, sunflower seed oil, silk amino acids, tocopheryl acetate, carbomer, glycol stearate, cetyl alcohol, butylene glycol, dimethicone, disodium edta, pvm/ma copolymer, triethanolamine, imidazolidinyl urea, propylparben,methylaparben, alpha isomehtyl ionene, benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, butylphenyl, mehtylpropional, limonene, hexyl cinnamal hydroxycitronellal. linalool. titanium dioxide mica

wow, my fingers are tired now.lol any ideas? thanks

Hi...I don't make lotions either,,and have been looking for a good one..

check out this place,,I have just found it, and been doing alot of reading here. It sounds like they have some wonderful things..I have been thinking of just buying a good base, and if I want FO or EO I can add them..From all I have been reading. it cost so much money experimenting to formulate your own....and right now I don't have the time...knowledge, or money to invest in trying to learn making my own...someday maybe....Check it out..It might be of interest to you...

www.essentialwholesale.com

I think the feeling of the "silkness" comes from a high percentage of silicones in the ingredients (cyclo, dimethicone) and using silk amino acids.

I just got some Hydrovance and Liquid Silk in and played around formulating a lotion recipe using dimethicone and a few other oils and botanical extracts, and it came out pretty darn good. It was pretty tricky to work with...never worked with Hydrovance at such a high percentage... don't know if that's what made it a witch to work with... had to throw the first batch in the trash because it separated. Second batch worked like a charm. :) I'll probably be sending it in the Southern Soapers Swap I'm in.

• 5 months later...

I like silky lotions too. I have avoided lotions most of my adult life simply because every one I ever tried was greasy! Now that I am, uh, older, I need something because I notice my skin is drying out more...lol

I have some of the smae things you mentioned above, the silk aminos, hydrovance, dimethicone I have tons of stuff, but this is all new to me. I have been strictly a CP soap maker for years and never did anything else...now that I have a need for lotion, I want to make one that I can stand to use, and thought if I could find one that wasn't such a mutha to make I could sell it too. So far, my trials have been just that...trials..lol. The one I made today was too thick and would probably be more suited as a butter it is that thick! Anyway, if anyone knows of a recipe for this silky type lotion, I would love to try it....the one I tried today was supposed to be silky, but it was heavy, and it turned out that the silky feeling does come...after your hands have been sitting in water for about 15 to 20 minutes...now, my hands feel like I wanted them to feel when I first applied the lotion.lol

BnB Works is having their BIG semi-annual sale right now. The silk lotion is not included in the sale yet..... the sale will change again next week I do believe.

I'm hoping the silk lotion is in the sale and soon! I'm OUT!

If it is, I'm buying a butt load!!!!!!!!