Tunneling and drowning wick, need help

I was given some Astorlite Q container wax and poured my first container candle. It turned out beautifully, I love the look of this crystalizing wax. I let it cure for a week and has an ok cold throw and a nice hot throw. Problem is it started tunneling and the wick started drowning right off the bat, within about 20-30 minutes. I used a roly poly votive holder and 44-24-18z wick. I tried doing a search and found conflicting information. Some say to wick up when this happens, others say to wick down. Also I am not sure what the next size up would be, a 58 I think? The only other size I have on hand is a 36 but thats wicking down right? And people tell me that pillars are hard:undecided , I must disagree:D . Yet I got lucky and started with the right wicking, lol. TIA for any advice.

The thing about palm wax is that while it is setting up is that you need to poke holes and keep them open while it sets up. This wax is notorious for hidden caves, if you don't. After it sets up, do a repour into your relief holes so it fills in the empty spots. I would try with the same wick, after doing that, as it sounds as though you have hit an air pocket, which would cause the rapid tunneling. If you have done all of this and you have issues with it getting close to the edge, I would wick up. Almost any wick you use will be rigid in the palm wax and burn well, I had luck using 2 or 3 kinds. It has been quite a while since I have burned this wax, so I can only remember using HTP wicks in them, don't remember which other ones. I could never get a great throw out of it, and it smelled a little like wax crayons to me, so I gave up on it. Maybe someone else will come along that has a little more experience with it.

Yes, those darn air pockets. I love the look of this wax, but boy oh boy, you have to watch out for the pockets. Many who swore they didn't have air pockets found they did when they cut them open. Have to babysit those relief holes.

Thanks for the advice all. I did see where there was 2 small holes/air pockets I presume, at the very edges of the melt pool. I pored out the melted wax, twice, since the wick was drowning, and it ended up burning all the way acrossed and left just a little bit of hang up on the very top. It looks a little weird like that, so I'll scrape that out. Hopefully it'll continue to burn all the way acrossed when I light it again.

Sowwy Val, I cant, no camara.:(