Bombs that are too wet

Scented

I've never done this before, meaning tried to add in some for a batch that was too wet. They just were flops and I never tried to save them. I let them be. lol When my batches have been too wet, I found that my citric acid and baking soda combo had been somewhat activated, and I ended up with bath bomb that were not great fizzers. But, just guessing, and if it was me, I would try adding a little bit more of those in case it was activated. :undecided

Was wondering. I know that no matter how much of all that I added, it didn't help, but man the stuff is too rock hard in a day too. Figures I should have tossed the batch and saved my words for something else lol.

Thanks KJ for the idea. Didn't even think about doing that.

Wait wait, don't toss them! I had a lot of failed batches when I first started. I broke them up into the smallest pieces possible, then put into my food processor and ground ground away. Bag enough for a bath (about 4 or 5 ounces) into cello bags or bath salt tubes and sell or give them as bath fizzies. You still get the benefits of the oils and butters. I've even put them in large jars with a wooden scoop...people still like them!

I dont think this helps you much..But if I feel the mixture and decide its too wet...then I make them into "bath cookies". I just use a measuring cup for my mold then they spread out like cookies...

Kris

Yep, that's what I do, too. Put them in a little container and scoop it out.

• 3 weeks later...