Labeling for Sample sizes??

Lightkeeper

Hi,

Just wondering what the rules are for sample sizes (say 1 oz. sizes of shampoo, lotion, shower gel, etc.) I would think that the same rules would apply for listing ingredients and size. However, I have several sample sizes that I received from various places that I received from hotels and such. Most of them do not list ingredients, and some don't even give the product size. These are from big mfg also, such as Lord & Mayfair.

Does anyone know if there are different rules for the really small sizes? Otherwise, I don't know how they can do it.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks so much for the answer Mystical. It makes sense, however, on the bottles I have ,it doesn't say that anywhere. I would be selling small little gift bags wholesale, with little sample bottles in them that the person would be giving out to clients, etc. She wouldn't be reselling them.

In that case, I could get by with labeling them without the ingredients if it said " Not labeled for retail sale" ?

Thanks again!

Seems like that would be a lot easier than trying to fit all the ingredients on those small bottles & containers. A card, or paper to include in the bag is a great idea. Now that I think of it, that's how it comes when you get gift w/ purchase from Estee Lauder or Clinique, etc.

Thanks for the suggestions!