Hp & Infused/eo's

soycrazy

I read somewhere that hp is better with infused oils & eo's, because you won't lose so much of their good qualities. Is this true? I was going to try another batch of hp and I've been infusing some lavender to give it a whirl to try. Also is there a way to make hp more easier to put into molds instead of glopping them in?

Can't say that I have found any easier way to do hp but I could suggest doing in the mold hot process

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art10361.asp

This is a bit easier cause you will be pouring into mold and letting your oven do the cook

I do a version of this, but it is gloppier and you must move faster

I call it whip rebatch

I do as bellaonline suggests with mixing but I do not add fo and at trace i put the whole stockpot into the oven for 2 1/2 hrs the turn off for two hrs

I then take it out and place it over a pan of hot water and let it melt if it needs to, and whip it with beaters and add fragrance then glop into mold

This way it is prettier , cause when it gets whipped it turnes a creamy white instead of that tanish bland color, and I believe i use less fo

The unevenness of the soap when it cures in unnoticable cause i use that wavy cutter and all looks great when its cut.

Not sure about saving propreties of eo"s

Good luck to you!

Same as Carrie... I add mine just before moulding and about 2% FO or 1% EO is good...

I also add 5% extra water to make the mix smoother... Any more than 10% and I've been advised the bars can warp when setting - but I've always stuck to 5% extra and the mix is definitely a bit easier to handle and doesn't come out any 'wetter' - just easier to mould smoothly...

Definitely don't do a water discount...