Packaging Bath Teas??

tychels

Well, I guess I have 2 questions..:D

I was wondering how those of you that make the bath teas in the heat sealable tea bags are packaging and labeling them for sale?

My massage thearpist wants me to make some bath teas and milk bath soaks to give out to her clients as Christmas gifts and I want them to look nice. I just wanted to get some idea's. I don't think I have seen them packaged for sale just the plain stuffed tea bag..:wink2:

I haven't made them yet but bought some tea bags and have some Chamomile flower, Calendula flower, peppermint leafs and lavender buds. The only things that has any aroma to it is the lavender buds.

Do most of you add EO's or a bit of FO to them? I was reading a bunch of the other posts about the bath teas but I didn't really see where it said how much to use? I would be afraid it would leave an "oil" stain on the tea bag. :undecided

TIA for your help!

Sharon

I use to make them in the heat sealable tea bags. I would package them up 3 or 4 to a bag, and tie it shut with a ribbon and a hang tag. Now, I just make the bath teas, package them in cello bags, 1 lb mix to each bag and include a reusable muslin tea bag.

I add my FO to a bit of dendric salt, which is then added to the tea mixture. My tea mixtures also includes, along with the botanicals, salts and milks. I never had a problem with the FO staining.

I only use herbs,oats, dried flowers, sea salts and I don't scent them. The lavender and rosebuds are scented naturally. But I do mix them in containers and make them a month in advance so the scent of the flowers mix thru the blend. I package them in packs of 3 in a zip poly bag with a label and instructions. These are not big sellers but I still make them because they are nice to set in a dish next to the tub and add a nice light scent in the bathroom and are great when soaking in the tub. I sell them for $3.00 a pack.

I pop mine into heat sealed tea bags and then either stack a few inside an acetate votive candle box tied off with a bit of raffia or ribbon; or for a more rustic look loose in a bakery bag with a reuseable tea bag tucked on the top inside...

I only use EOs in the bath teas - add to the salts first and leave for a bit before mixing the other nicies in and then packaging into the bags...

"Natrasorb Bath" is excellent to incorporate oils and fragrance to add to your bath teas.

Something I found with the heat sealed tea bags is they would often break open during my bath ( not fun ) so now I use the small organza bags for them and you can rinse them out and reuse.